30lbs in 30 DAYS!!!

Options
I've created a goal of losing 30lbs over the next 30 days. I am not recommending what I'm doing to anyone and I do also recognize the effects this could have on my health over the long term.

Now that I've mentioned that I can tell you why I'm doing this and what my goals are. Over the last few years I've put on a serious amount of weight and now sit at 263lbs. In 2003 I weighed 195lbs and what I looked like then I'm now a far cry from. I wanted to do something exciting and new that would kick start my new found healthy lifestyle.

So I've decided to do a thirty day challenge to try and lose 30lbs and wake my body up to kick start fat loss. My goal isn't necessarily to be 30lbs lighter in 30 days but just to make significant progress in my body shape and composition. I'll be sticking to the following guidelines:

1. 1900 daily calorie diet
-limit of 150 net carbs daily
2. 45 minutes of interval elliptical cardio daily
3. 1.5 mile test run daily
4. 10-20 minutes of push ups, sit ups and weight/core training daily

I will take some measurements tonight and also post some starting off pics later in the week! You don't have to post in this thread if you don't want to. I just needed to put this out there so that I can hold myself accountable.

Replies

• Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Well I'm no expert but I say go for it!!! Your plan seems healthy enough since you don't plan on starving yourself! I think you can actually pull this off good luck to you!

3720049.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I am glad you have a plan and that you know the risks. I am excited to watch your progress. This could be great motivation for many people.
  • mauck1975
    mauck1975 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Good Luck!! :smile:
  • andrewferk
    Options
    Make those 1900 calories count: vegies, fruits, whole foods, soy bean products, fish, lean meats, etc. Good luck.
  • jennyjennbug
    Options
    Good luck looking foward to seeing the end result. :smile:
  • picturesing
    picturesing Posts: 228
    Options
    I understand the "kick-start" desire. You will def loose, just please be careful. With that much excercise - water, water, water and good proteins. And be cautions when you come off it....you'll need to do it slowly or you'll get a rebound effect!
    good luck!
  • forty3fab
    forty3fab Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I wish you the best of luck! Keep me posted on your progress! It is always nice to have support!
  • CharlestonUSC
    Options
    I will definitely take into account all the advice and support! Just to clarify I consume about a gallon of water a day already just to stay hydrated. I carry a gallon jug of water with me and keep it cold with the freezer at work or home. I also want to clarify that my goal after this challenge is to maintain a healthy 2,000 calorie diet so I won't be jumping back up to an insane number once the month is over.

Looking forward to the veggies and chicken breast slow cooked on the grill! Thanks for all the support and I'll have the HORRIBLE pictures up by tomorrow..
  • CharlestonUSC
    Options
    So instead of updating this thread on a regular basis I will update my blog on my home page. if you are interested in following you can just click this link. Not sure if we have to be friends or not to view it but if so just shoot a request and no problem. Hope everyone is having as awesome a day as I am!!! DAY 2 HERE WE GO!!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/CharlestonUSC
  • Frankilou25
    Frankilou25 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    OMG!! sounds like you have a plan!! Best of luck to you and keep us updated! :drinker: