*Deep Breath* OK, here i go...

Options
Making my diary public. Let the cricitcisms begin! :) Please be kind!

Replies

• polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Too funnny.... :laugh:
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    Honestly I dont see anything wrong with your diary cept well the sodium... needs to attempt to lower sodium!!
  • hollyknouse
    hollyknouse Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I made my diary public and noone said a thing. I guess I need more friends :)
  • dawny78
    dawny78 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    god i wonder what people actually think of mine then lol. But its us that are learning and have to learn about the changes we need to make lets hope others advise us and don't criticize us to bad after all we are all a team here .
  • hummzz
    hummzz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I have reduced fat ice cream on mine and always wait for the back lash! LOL....I keep it within my calories though so maybe that's why they don't say anything! LOL
  • JoyfulJC
    JoyfulJC Posts: 18 Member
    Options

Jen overall you are doing great. Your protein is good and your selections(overall) are strong. Just remember this... always pair a carbohydrate with a protein or fat and swap your processed foods for more nutrient dense whole foods. Keep up the good work!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options

I just made mine public yesterday! If someone is negative in a non-helpful way just delete them :)
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Mine has been public since I stared and no one has "yelled" at me yet! I did see one very militant EAT YOUR EXERCISE CALORIES YOU BUNCH OF IDIOTS type reply on a post, but other than that one, everyon is nice! There are a million ways to achieve the same goal. You have to pick a way that suits YOU that YOU can live with. For health reasons sodium is probaby a good thing to lower and whole grains are probably a good thing to increase, but as for sugar? Artificial sweeteners? processed food? That is your call. It's your life! If you look at 10 people you will probably find 10 different "diets". Take the advice that works for you and makes sense and disregard the rest. You can always chanage your mind, too! = D Good luck to you !
  • Ral263
    Ral263 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I'd say it is SO important to up your vegetable intake-- you barely have 2 servings a day!!! try adding at least 2-3 servings at lunch and dinner (and aim for less starchy vegetables; I saw that you eat a lot of potatoes, which are fine, but try for me broccoli, asparagus, cauliflower, peppers. onions, etc).

Also, your intake of processed foods is very high. Try to limit these-- they are usually high calorie but low volume density, meaning they aren't going to keep you full for long. Also, they make your sodium levels skyrocket.

Other than that, I would suggest subbing leaner meats: when you use 80% ground beef, use 97% ground turkey instead.

Hope this helps!
  • thjuliepeterson
    Options
    I think you're doing great! I have a question about your exercise .. you are showing 30 minutes and 757 calories burned on the elliptical. How fast do you go and what is your resistance? I'm only getting about 400 calories in 30 minutes and I feel like I am pushing it really hard... but looks like I could be doing a lot better.
  • jenhudgins
    Options
    Well, i probably weight a lot more then you, so that will increase my calorie burning. But I go between 3-4 mph and up the resistance in stages up to 3.