No Booze Challenge

Options
Hello fellow Lushes! I've completely enjoyed the Fellow Lushes posts and would like to see if anyone would like to join me in my No Alcohol Challenge. I'm going to go the entire month of March with no alcohol. I think it will be a good way to drop some pounds and to challenge myself (and save some money too). I would say I often drink 2-3 glasses of wine 3-4 nights a week. At the end of the month I plan to buy myself a bike as a reward.

Anyone want to join me?

Replies

• RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I did this in January before my trip to Mexico! Good luck!! :drinker: It's a great personal challenge.
  • TBirdGirl
    TBirdGirl Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Just curious... How do you afford that many calories that many days a week? I've pretty much given it up since the beginning of the years with only about 3 indulgences because the calories.
  • DeadlyDame13
    DeadlyDame13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I can do this ---but my bday is march 26 n i will be of course out with the girls having fun April i can manage doing this
  • ceebs9
    ceebs9 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    But, but, but....St Patrick's Day!!!

Good luck. I'm not going alcohol free but will be cutting back severely.
  • mdhobson
    mdhobson Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I started this self challenge yesterday...(it was Monday)....I'm at the bar 3 times a week. (please don't judge me) So....with that said, I'm trying not to drink until my trip to South Beach in May...so good luck and I have your virtual back! Let the Challenge begin.
  • jenneyd
    jenneyd Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    alcohol is what I am giving up this week for a another challenge I am in. The whole month of no alcohol?? Lushy is as lushy does LOL I will try!!! thanks for the challenge!:drinker:
  • HawkeyeGuy
    HawkeyeGuy Posts: 183
    Options
    Ahhh, I would join you, but I already had my coffee this morning, so my March is already ruined.
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I'm in...what's 1 more month lol
  • healthygrl
    healthygrl Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Just curious... How do you afford that many calories that many days a week? I've pretty much given it up since the beginning of the years with only about 3 indulgences because the calories.

I can't afford the calories...thus the slow weight loss...thus the need for the challange. :tongue:
  • megsican0600
    Options
    i'm in! i completely ruined my calorie intake this past weekend because of alcohol. i'll definitely becoming here for support, though. weekends are going to be the most difficult! also, march madness, a friend's 21st birthday AND st. patrick's day! haha
  • rockabyesarojane
    Options
    I can do this ---but my bday is march 26 n i will be of course out with the girls having fun April i can manage doing this

oh *kitten* girl!
    that's my birthday too!
  • rockabyesarojane
    Options
    But, but, but....St Patrick's Day!!!

Good luck. I'm not going alcohol free but will be cutting back severely.

my sentiments exactly!
    good luck fighting the temptation. wish everyone who tries this the best of luck!
  • Shaye85
    Shaye85 Posts: 107
    Options
    I never drink anyways, so ill do the opposite...HAHA:smokin:
  • joneal1019
    joneal1019 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Now if only I can get my husband to join me - it's so hard to resist when he's drinking and I'm not.
  • TNGURL
    TNGURL Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Good luck with it girl... Ironic I ran across your post. I hadn't drank in 3 months until this past weekend. I got in one of my moods & I had a 6 pack of Miller Lite. This past summer I broke my toe & couldn't run... so, I over indulged in beer drinking all summer! Let me tell ya, it really added the extra weight on me! I gained 10 lbs from alcohol... then right after Thanksgiving I fell down a flight of stairs & hurt my back! So, I gained another 10 lbs from more holiday drinking & food! I can't believe I've gained 20 lbs from mostly alcohol... it sux & I hate it!

My birthday is March 12th.. yes, I'll have a mixed drink... no doubt... but, I'm gonna try & maintain the " NO ALCOHOL RULE!!! " Once you gain the weight, it's so hard to get it off! Alcohol is terrible on a woman's waistline.. I have learned this the hard way!

Good luck with your challenge... I promise if you lay off the stuff, you'll see some serious weight loss!
  • MaryDreamer
    MaryDreamer Posts: 439
    Options
    I have a vanilla coke zero with Cpt Morgan almost every night and it's not hampering my weight loss. I don't weigh again til this Saturday, which will be 2 wks since my last. I have been still been losing one lb a week.
  • mainey65
    mainey65 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I so know what you mean. It's the same in my house, but I've been really trying to cut down as much as I can on my alcohol consumpsion because it has caused me to have such a huge weight gain. I wasn;'t eatting all day except for dinner (and this was usually late), but I would have a few drinks everyday. I couldn;'t figure out why I was gainning weight - I WASN'T EATTING ENOUGH GOOD FOOD AND i WAS DRINKING TOO MANY EMPTY CALORIES. Not the way to go. So, I'm going to try this challange. Wish me luck!
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I gave up for a whole month last year (pre-healthy eating though) so I didn't really beenfit from much weightloss :-(

I did however feel fab - I was sleeping much better and genereally had lots more energy.

I don't drink much any more (try to limit myself to one night a week where I have a few drinks - be that at the pub or over dinner) but before signing up here I could easily drink 2+ bottles of wine a week {NOT IN ONE SITTING ha ha!!}

This month I have a few events - my youngest brother's 21st, a wedding and a 30th Birthday so not drinking at all probably wont be do-able . If I am being honest...

But good luck to everyone else. I plan to have a 'dry' April!!