Need FILLING Food Ideas

Options
I am looking for ideas on FILLING food/snacks that will FILL me up. I seem to be hungry all the time and can't seem to get the 'full feeling'. Any suggestions would be great! Thanks!:smile:

Replies

• kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    hi there.. A high fiber diet is great because it takes longer to digest and keeps you full longer. Also make sure you are getting plenty of protein because this gives you the energy you need. Hope this helps you:) I absolutely love Kashi go lean cereal. High in fiber and protein:) It's a good idea to get protein in every meal or snack so if you have a banana, eat it with a tablespoon of peanut butter. Excellant snack! Almonds are great too. I eat 3 meals a day plus 2 snacks and am always satisfied and never starving.
  • ciberg13
    ciberg13 Posts: 8
    Options
    Fiber One Cereal. I eat it dry instead of crackers or chips or popcorn. Very filling.
  • Hsanders3961
    Hsanders3961 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    hmmm....any fruit or vegetable snacks are great and filling. I also enjoy the special K bars (90 cal), Fiber 1 bars, wheat thins (watch serving size) with a wedge of laughing cow cheese, yogurts, puddings, bananas, strawberries.... I am a big snacker and these are just some that I enjoy that tend to fill me up.
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    OOH you know what is WICKED YUMMY if youre in a filling/sweet tooth craving mode - the southbeach diet snack bars...especially the smores....un;less it'll set you off onto a sweet craze...im good with one...
  • TenaciousTAZ
    TenaciousTAZ Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Incorporate a lot of green veggies (spinach, broccoli) and healthy fats such as olive oil, avacado, nuts, and seeds. Low Fat diets are a farce. Fat is designed to make you feel full and carbohydrates (especially eaten alone) will end up making you hungry. Always eat a protein,fat, carb blend for a meal or snack.
    A sample meal would be
    3-4 oz of turkey
    1/2 small avacado
    apple (as dessert)
    spinach 3 c with 2 T dressing
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Bump....Great Post!

I like big salads with low calorie foods in it like Lettuce, Tomato, Cucmber, Broccoli, an egg white, etc..with a low cal dressing! I usually eat a salad about 30 minutes before dinner; cuts down on my desire for more carbs and meat in the main course!

Oh, almonds, Fiber Bars and Popcorn (not at the same time, of course) have also helped "curve my appetite"
  • glittersoul
    glittersoul Posts: 671
    Options
    Oatmeal w/ 1 tbsp of peanut butter/almond butter (whichever you prefer) and berries is good. Salads are filling and low cal if you make them yourself. ... Whole fruit, vegetables, beans. High fiber, protein and water should be your focus if you are looking to fill up without going overboard. However, if you aren't use to that much fiber in your diet then make sure you increase it gradually or you will end up making yourself bloated and uncomfortable.
  • NBFIT
    NBFIT Posts: 79
    Options
    I get like that, but sometimes I think it's in my head because although I'm full, I'm not satisfied. I need more carbs (fillers), something sweet, etc. Here are a few things I eat that have helped: Peanuts/nuts - higher in calories, but have the good fats & a handful keeps me full. Cottage cheese, V8 juice, saltine crackers & fruit for snacks.
  • sweetscl99
    sweetscl99 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Fiber 1 bar and hummas, not together of course. But they are great filler foods.
  • shalma
    shalma Posts: 80
    Options
    Eat something hard to eat, like a chewy granola bar. In the time it takes to eat it, you get the satisfied feeling and if you get a bar high in fiber, it will keep you fuller, longer.

My unhealthy trick is to down a diet soda, the bubbles fill your stomach and give you the full feeling for no extra calories.
  • glittersoul
    glittersoul Posts: 671
    Options
    Incorporate a lot of green veggies (spinach, broccoli) and healthy fats such as olive oil, avacado, nuts, and seeds. Low Fat diets are a farce. Fat is designed to make you feel full and carbohydrates (especially eaten alone) will end up making you hungry. Always eat a protein,fat, carb blend for a meal or snack.
    A sample meal would be
    3-4 oz of turkey
    1/2 small avacado
    apple (as dessert)
    spinach 3 c with 2 T dressing

This is great too. I forgot to mention it. Good fats like quality oils and nuts etc will definitely help keep you full.
  • niresupernova
    Options
    I like apples as a filling snack and egg whites in the morning to keep me going until lunch.
  • amyabaldwin
    Options
    My husband is having the same problem. Try a spinach wrap with low sodium turkey breast/grilled chicken with lots of spring mix, avacodo, tomatoes and light dressing. It does the trick for me.
  • RoniDoll
    RoniDoll Posts: 262
    Options
    Fiber one has ALOT of preservatives... remeber if it doesnt rot, then you shouldnt eat it... I LOVE Greek yogurt with fruit! it keeps me full
  • stowe1
    stowe1 Posts: 1
    Options
    Trying drinking more water, they say alot of times when you feel hungry its just because you're thirsty! Always try a cglass of water first and if you're still hungry, i like the light string cheese options nice filling serving of protein, or like many others have said fruit with a little protein like an apple or banana with a little peanut butter!
  • boobee32
    boobee32 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Squash/Zuchinni, Broccolli, mushrooms, chicken
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Greek Yogurt in the best--I like Fage 0% or 2% plain---just a little of that as a snack, with maybe some blueberries and a little granola or seeds/nuts will fill me up until whatever meal is next---it has a ton of protein and very few calories. Or Chobani is good too.

Banana's work for me too.