I new here and I'm going to need support

Options
Hi,
I'm new here, (and hopefully I can get my wife to join) and I, (or we, if she joins) could use all the encouragement we can get. We have tried SO MANY TIMES to lose weight and all we do is gain and gain. I'm feeling like it just isn't going to happen. I don't want a diet, I want a change of life.

Replies

• tjsusong
    tjsusong Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me as a friend! We all can definitely use as much support as we can get!!!

You have a found a great tool that will help keep you on track. As long as you set yourself reasonable goals and follow the program, you're going to do great!!! Good luck to you and your wife on your journey....

Tracey
  • mykaar74
    mykaar74 Posts: 253
    Options
    welcome aboard, & looks like you've made the 1st important step & that's recognizing that you need a lifestyle change not a diet. I wish you & your wife all the best on your journey. Feel free to add me as a friend for support, inspiration, & motivation. Before you know it, you will be someone elses motivation, & inspiration
  • tracytribes
    tracytribes Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    start by doing, the rest falls into place!
  • jessicahamer
    Options
    The best thing that I can say is do not worry about what you eat, if you are hungry, eat. Make a list of everything you eat (with myfitnesspal.com or the app) and then see how you need to cut or what exercise you need to add. This is what my husband and I do.
  • dakoerber
    dakoerber Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! You are definitely taking steps in the right direction!!! You sound discouraged already :indifferent:

This is a new chapter for you - where you haven't succeeded before this is your time. Wether your wife joins or not it is important to be healthy for you! Maybe if you show her how great you will do she will come around.

You can do it and you are worth it!!! :smile:
  • sturgill
    sturgill Posts: 118
    Options
    welcome aboard and it won't be long before your wife joins you -she will want to know what has made the difference in you
    add me as a friend if you would like
  • daysi5880
    Options
    I've tried everything as well. Taking this step to join and follow a reasonable approach using the tools, the communication, the self monitoring has worked for me. I've picked up a new attitude that I am accountable for the success or failure as you can see everything you do if you commit to track your food and activity. I learned from other users that for the long run use the 80/20 rule. Daily assessments of staying on track is the goal but to be realistic some days 80% is good. Trying to be perfect is not the goal but persistence is. In the past, any failure at a meal or for one day would point me down the failure track as it was unrealistic to be perfect. I stay motivated by not weighing in more often than one to two week intervals, use excercise to increase my calorie intake if I really need it and by reading all the motivational blogs on this site. What I do is try to be honest with myself first of all. I use a food scale and measuring cups/spoons to develop a sense of the right portions. I don't feel deprived or hungry as the caloric goals per day are usually enough. A lifestyle change is what I am after and that takes a while to develop good habits and I can say after three months I have developed many including daily excercise. I love this site!