General Observation

shyaamist
shyaamist Posts: 34
edited September 24 in Health and Weight Loss
I had wls (weight loss surgery) about 5 years ago... and one of the things they told us at the time was to try not to drink with our meals. I have a problem with this just because eating makes me so thirsty! But at the same time, I have found that my stomach stays fuller feeling if I try to wait at least 45min to 1 hour after I eat to drink anything.

Has anyone else noticed this or is all a game I'm playing with my head??? :huh:

Replies

• phoenixsxflight
    phoenixsxflight Posts: 20 Member
    Anything at all? Not even water?
  • shyaamist
    Not even water! It about kills me!
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    I don't know what "wls" is. Why wouldn't you be able to drink water with meals?
  • im2spooky4u
    im2spooky4u Posts: 71 Member
    I've always heard you shouldn't have cold drinks with meals because it affects digestion. Warm or hot drinks are ok to drink with a meal.

Here's an article about the cold drinks.
    http://www.fitday.com/fitness-articles/nutrition/healthy-eating/ice-water-and-digestion.html
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member

WLS is Weight Loss Surgery, so either a gastric bypass or a band. I'd guess the recommendation to not eat and drink simultaneously is due to the tiny stomach volume?
  • spunkbeer
    spunkbeer Posts: 60
    whatever says you cant drink is silly.
    I agree with the cold part
    it should be room tempterature or warm

It is proven sipping green tea or water inbetween eating your meal makes you full fast and lose weight A LOT quicker. :|
    Id eat so much more if i wasnt drinking in between my bites
  • shyaamist
    I'm wondering if liquid just pushes food out of my tummy faster... i dunno!
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member

WLS is Weight Loss Surgery, so either a gastric bypass or a band. I'd guess the recommendation to not eat and drink simultaneously is due to the tiny stomach volume?

Ah, thanks!
This discussion has been closed.