The perfect woman, is she out there?

Options

Replies

• _Lisa_
    _Lisa_ Posts: 61
    Options
    I keep telling the hubby that all the money I have saved on formula by breastfeeding should go to the 'implant fund' :laugh:

Haha! I like that Idea!:smile:
  • SoFLYFireman
    SoFLYFireman Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    As a guy, I think the perfect shape is your confidence, strut your stuff, and be proud of what the good Lord gave ya :) as long as you try to be healthy, you find yourself attractive, sweet and bubbly personality and are proud of yourself then you are very attractive :) who wants a stuck up bit*h that thinks theyre all that because they think they have the "perfect" body? Just be yourself and be confident and you're perfect to me. There is no perfect body, just beautiful women. Do your thing :smile:
  • Eskimopie
    Eskimopie Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I kind of hate that there is even this discussion going on....a woman isn't "perfect" because of some measurements some dude decided was most pleasing to his eyes. My boyfriend finds me perfect despite my rectangular shape, my best friend's boyfriend finds her perfect despite her bigger hips, or maybe its not despite, but in part because! How boring would it be if we all had those measurements and I think our energy should go toward dismantling the idea of one type of perfection.
  • littlelionesslove
    Options
    If I had a 36' bust I would look absolutely ridiculous lol. *lioness laughs mentally picturing herself with nearly 6 extra inches in boobs* I'm about 31-23-33 and have tried attaining perfection but now I realize perfection doesn't exist.
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    My measurements are similar, but I'm 5'3". I don't have quite as small of a waist, but it's close. You can check my profile pic. BUT... the good news is that there is no "perfect" woman out there. There are a lot of different types of people and tastes in what is desirable vary across the board. That's the beauty of it all. :)
  • fitmom4ever
    fitmom4ever Posts: 130
    Options
    a woman isn't "perfect" because of some measurements some dude decided was most pleasing to his eyes. My boyfriend finds me perfect despite my rectangular shape, my best friend's boyfriend finds her perfect despite her bigger hips, or maybe its not despite, but in part because! How boring would it be if we all had those measurements and I think our energy should go toward dismantling the idea of one type of perfection.
    I completely agree. My intention in starting this thread was to prove to myself & others that 'perfect' is all in the eyes of the beholder. My husband finds me perfect, not due to my 34A-28-35 figure, but for my personality & attitude towards life. There are so many truly gorgeous women on this site that may not have the 'perfect body' but are perfect just the way they are. Love yourself and treat your body well & everyone else will see how perfect you are too. And if they don't, they are just blind & should be pitied for their inability to see the beauty surrounding them.
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    I'm not 5'7, I'm 5'4 but my measurements are 33-25-37. I don't think it's unacheivable for everyone. I'm just a few inches off and I'm pretty sure by summer I will be almost exactly on. (Except my bust of course)

But those measurements were for Models on the runway at one time, so that the designers could make clothes and not have to alter them for shows. Things have obviously changed over time. Of the models I know now, they don't mind the 36 bust, but the waist and hips are non-existant on them.

Having said that, I'd like to clarify.... Eating disorders do NOT cause ideal measurements. They kill people. I hate that this misunderstanding exists. Just because someone is skinny or even so-called "Ideal", it does not mean they have an eating disorder. They could have cancer or AIDS. They are all equally damaging to the individual, their friends and family, and society.
  • heyjude78
    heyjude78 Posts: 160
    Options
    Haha I just looked it up on the internet and not even Angelina Jolie has those measurements!! The only one I saw was Charleze Theron, but I'm pretty sure she's taller than 5'7".... http://stevernet.net/celebrity_measurements.htm

I don't know who came up with those measurements- maybe it was in the days of the girdle?
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Perfection lies within imperfection. Really it does. Just look at the spelling :smokin:
  • KristenAnn711
    Options
    In my personal opinion, I think Beyonce has the perfect woman figure! She's got great curves! Im ever so jealous of her!! I dont ever want to be 'skinny'. If I can have a body like Beyonce I would be dynamite! :)

I agree! I completely admire her figure! I saw her on The View and she says she wears 4 layers of pantyhose to keep things 'tight'. Good idea! haha.
  • Still_Sossy
    Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Ok, I was not gonna post, please do not flame me, I had those measurments (but I am 5'11), and they were just the way I was built. Then I started to gain weight (poor diet choices), They are my goal again. I and my friends and family, liked the way I looked like that.
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    I thought the Perfect Woman was supposed to be Waist High with a flat head to set your beer on.
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Seriously. You're placing too much emphasis on physical dimensions. I never chased a woman around with a measuring tape.

The perfect woman is the woman that makes you feel like you are special. She's not afraid to bare herself to you and you know that you don't have to be embarrassed to reveal yourself to her.
  • Minax28
    Minax28 Posts: 8
    Options
    I went through a phase when I was 18 checking myself against this ideal...didn't do much good since I'm almost 6"2 but I was at 38-26-38 and thought pretty cheeky about it at the time.

Then I had kids, a few medical issues, and let myself come up with way too many excuses not to lose the weight till now
  • mlemonroe2
    mlemonroe2 Posts: 603
    Options
    I kind of hate that there is even this discussion going on....a woman isn't "perfect" because of some measurements some dude decided was most pleasing to his eyes. My boyfriend finds me perfect despite my rectangular shape, my best friend's boyfriend finds her perfect despite her bigger hips, or maybe its not despite, but in part because! How boring would it be if we all had those measurements and I think our energy should go toward dismantling the idea of one type of perfection.

i think she was just wondering if it is possible, not saying that is what we should be aiming for.
  • BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I thought the Perfect Woman was supposed to be Waist High with a flat head to set your beer on.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: now that is funny
  • carolinegeorgia
    Options
    I got the 5ft 7" bit, but 34 - 28 - 35 so guess that makes me not perfect, although I feel good, can now wear size 10 (UK) skinny jeans ;-)
  • indycello
    indycello Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Figures never lie but girdles condense the truth ;)

I heard my (then soon to be) husby mumble one day that he wished I looked like Marilyn Monroe! Ouch! I shrugged it off. However I still have a hard time with not comparing! My good friend at college she has a fabulous body and all of the guys are gaga over her! Funny thing is we are twins on every other level! So you can't say that confidence has that big of a play in how men view women. Audra gets respected while I get talked over or ignored. You can't say my outward appearance doesn't play into that! Men are visual and while I don't think men follow us around with measuring tapes that many men do go after the more fit girl vs. The overweight one.
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    As a guy, I think the perfect shape is your confidence, strut your stuff, and be proud of what the good Lord gave ya :) as long as you try to be healthy, you find yourself attractive, sweet and bubbly personality and are proud of yourself then you are very attractive :) who wants a stuck up bit*h that thinks theyre all that because they think they have the "perfect" body? Just be yourself and be confident and you're perfect to me. There is no perfect body, just beautiful women. Do your thing :smile:

Amen. I wish every man or better yet, every woman felt this way!
  • MistyMtnMan
    MistyMtnMan Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I was just skimming through this and if youre just wondering if any girls really have this measurements Im 99% sure that Heidi Klum has those measurements. Obviously its not too common.

For everyone else I personally think a perfect girl is a combination of things including personality, interests, sense of humor, hobbies and looks. I believe there are a lot of factors that make a girl perfect, but honestly no one really is.