Fiber One Muffins and Gas

Options
I noticed that this week when I started eating Fiber One Blueberry muffins I have had excessive gas all day. So bad that I cant control it. I looked up high fiber and gas and the first site I clicked on said that Fiber One brand anything is known for creating gas. Horrible gas. Everyone was posting how they had it all day. My husband wants to eat one just to see if he gets gas. lol. Just thought I should warn you if you eat them you may get the farts. I am not going to stop eating them but I will only eat them if I dont have to go somewhere. lol

Replies

• KrystalLight03
    Options
    Yes, Fiber One will do that to you. My step-dad once ate *gulp* 9 Fiber One Bars in one day...he was so sick he just lied on the floor and couldn't move anything without it hurting.
  • caseymarie_S85
    Options
    Awww, your poor father! Did he just really like the taste? I'm bad about eating more than one serving of fiber one muffins. They're just so gooooood.
  • rkdesmond
    rkdesmond Posts: 23
    Options
    If you think those are rough, try the Fiber One 35% Bars! Holy smoke!!!
  • nikki91950
    nikki91950 Posts: 647
    Options
    haha! anything with high amounts of fiber will give you extra gas!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    We just call the Fiber One bars "the farty bars." I took a bath and felt like I was in a jacuzzi tub! :embarassed:

I still eat them, though. And the cereal.
  • khillman77
    Options
    omg yes,, I will never buy that again
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    LOL!!! I have eaten fiberone cottage cheese and had not had this problem but I dont eat more than the recommended serving and I dont eat it every day... hmmm interesting.
  • KrystalLight03
    Options
    Awww, your poor father! Did he just really like the taste? I'm bad about eating more than one serving of fiber one muffins. They're just so gooooood.

He was working an unexpected 72 hour shift and didn't have any meals packed except for the 2 boxes of Fiber One bars sitting in his desk drawer, so he just kept grabbing them oblivious to the side effects. He refuses to eat one now.
  • modifyinglife
    Options
    We just call the Fiber One bars "the farty bars." I took a bath and felt like I was in a jacuzzi tub! :embarassed:

rotfl lmao
  • sprinkies
    sprinkies Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    ha! yeah i'll never ever eat a fiber one bar again! it was SO tasty but i had gas all day. my belly felt terrible.
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    hahah this made me laugh cuz I used USED to eat fibre 1 cereal everyday to get my 54% in but I too had UNCONTROLLABLE gas ... I gave up and opted for Corn Bran cereal - higher in sugar but still have lots of fiber .. maybe beano ?
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Yes, Fiber One will do that to you. My step-dad once ate *gulp* 9 Fiber One Bars in one day...he was so sick he just lied on the floor and couldn't move anything without it hurting.

hahahahaha sorry but this visual makes me laugh, I was sick once, and a few days later was so hungry I cooked up a bowl of Brussle sprouts, man did I ever feel pain!!!!!!! the gas after the pain subsided was kinda fun though! hahaha
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    LOL, I call the fiber one bars "fiber fart bars" they are horrible for giving you gas but are a great snack on the go, so I still eat them :embarassed: