2 pounds a day

Options
when I started this it only allowed me to put in 2 pound weight loss a week. I wanna be able to lose 2 pounds a day. I do not believe this is asking too much and this is should be a choice given in the profile. I have been able to accomplish this in the past . any chance this could be changed in the application ?

Replies

• Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Ridiculous.
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    uhh, you got good insurance, cuz youre gonna need it..........

2 lbs a day is suicide, you cant lose 65 lbs a month, its impossible...........Lloyd
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Not possible, not healthy and this isn't a site for eating disorders, sorry.
  • KaleighL
    KaleighL Posts: 159
    Options
    Ummm you are how old and think thats okay??? Sorry if I'm rude but really??
  • LesleyCupcakes
    Options
    Not possible, not healthy and this isn't a site for eating disorders, sorry.

^ This
  • nanianela
    nanianela Posts: 16
    Options
    Not suggested ! 2lbs a week is HEALTHY ! Which is what this site promotes, anything more is bad. There may be weeks that you end up losing more because of the lifestyle change, but you will hit a plateau where you go 2 or 3 weeks losing nothing. Stick with the 2lbs a week, see where that takes you for now. Eat the calories alloted to you and work out daily if you're super determined, but don't sacrifice your health, what's the point in losing weight if you're just going to be sick and unhealthy from it and won't be able to enjoy it !
  • halphord
    halphord Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    No way is that healthy or possible.
  • givprayz
    givprayz Posts: 328
    Options
    You're joking, right? I have to assume there isn't a literate person who could actually think you can run a 7000 calorie deficit daily, which is what a 2 pound weight loss requires. Complete dehydration might work, don't drink anything and take diuretics. You'll die in a week or so, but you'll lose 2 pounds a day until then.
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    2 pounds a day is a ridiculous and unhealthy goal. It isn't on there for you to choose because it isn't realistic. The only way I could lose over 60 pounds a month would be to cut off my right leg. Sounds like you have a serious eating disorder if you think this is a realistic goal. This forum topic wins the worst forum of the day award!:explode:
  • melissatacker
    melissatacker Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Obviously if you have done it in the past it is possible, and since you need to do it again it should be obvious that it is not a good way to go because you didn't keep it off!
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    FORGET IT! Im happy with 10lbs in 2 months!!!
  • nll002
    nll002 Posts: 18
    Options
    Your body can't adjust to rapid weight loss, so even if you managed to do it (which is totally unhealthy and not recommended), you would gain it all back in a short period of time. If you are trying for rapid weight loss, you may want to discuss the impact this will have on your body with your doctor first. No physician in their right mind would advise you to lose weight at this rate.
  • MikeReynolds
    Options
    That is not healthy for you! That is just asking for trouble!!
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    This forum topic wins the worst forum of the day award!:explode:

^this^
  • Dmonique85
    Dmonique85 Posts: 112
    Options
    You're joking, right? I have to assume there isn't a literate person who could actually think you can run a 7000 calorie deficit daily, which is what a 2 pound weight loss requires. Complete dehydration might work, don't drink anything and take diuretics. You'll die in a week or so, but you'll lose 2 pounds a day until then.

lol...yeah, probably not the best idea.

Weight loss lasts better when it's done slowly. I could understand maybe 4lbs a week if you are very overweight..but 2lbs a day is definitely dangerous. Take care of yourself get proper nutrition. We have to remember it took longer than a day to get here, so it's going to take some time to get where we want to be. :) MFP is a great resource, but if you're losing weight for your health, you should do it in a healthy way.
  • steffilily
    steffilily Posts: 149
    Options
    Here's a reason why it's not healthy....you'd pretty much need to work out approx 5000 - 7500 calories each day (more if you eat something). If you eat 1500 calories a day, add 1500 to that 5000 - 7500. Your body will shut down.

If you've done that in the past, it's probably due to you losing that water weight when you first started watching your weight. I lost 6 pounds the first week due to water weight and i chose 2 pound to lose a week. Then each week after that i've lost 1-2 pounds a week and i did not go over my calories and never went down 1200 net.
  • Syrieously
    Options
    These are all good responses. I was hoping to lose two lbs. a week, but when I saw that the recommended was 1lb. per week I decided to do as the experts suggest and really pay attention to what I'm eating--enter everything and be really sensible. Although I'm not much overweight it took me some time to get this way and it's only logical that it will take some time and common sense diet and exercise to get back to where I need to be to be fit and healthy. I've only been on here a couple of days but I love it already. It gives me all the motivation I need and just as importantly it gives me HOPE. Good luck, everyone with your diet and exercise goals!:smile:
  • Nataliethin81
    Options
    Ummmm. Yeahhh is all I can say.
  • T_William
    T_William Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Have fun killing yourself!

What a stupid question really! You think you can loose 1 stone per week? Ha! Education would be the first step before even attempting to diet or loose weight!
  • irasonrisita
    Options
    Lol
    You know that is physically impossible right? Good luck exercising 7000 calories a day with not eating anything!
    Even if you did have an eating disorder, it's not possible.