Help me plan special dinner cooked by hubby:)

Options
So my husband, sweet man he is (trying to be more romantic!) the other day said "I want you to plan a menu, your hearts desire! Then you go out for the day and let me cook it for you. I dont care how many courses or what it is. Then Im going to serve you by candlelight." :love:

Well that was the SWEETEST thing ever, the best present I could think of! But I dont have any FAVORITE food, really. I like all food! LOL I cant for the life of me think of what to pick. He isnt exactly Martha Stewart, but he ca get around a kicthen ok. I am actually considering just all desserts hahah I do not plan on logging this meal - it will def be a spluge meal and well, dessert and bead are my fave of I must say I have a fave..

Help!! :laugh:

Replies

• ashlee2407
    ashlee2407 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    When we REALLY want to splurge we do fondue..there is this guiness cheese fondue recipe I found online and OMG its amazing!! He would only have to cut up veggies, apples & bread and make the fondue!
    Then there is a chocolate one you could do for dessert with fruits!! YUM
  • 6Janelle13
    6Janelle13 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    i love chicken picatta or shrimp scampi. My hubby love the grill so when he wants to cook he does tri tip and baked potatoes. we both cook great salmon too.
  • Charrisse
    Charrisse Posts: 163
    Options
    Mmmmm fondue I do when I have guests over - decadent!!

Shrimp Scampi actually crossed my mind last night - yum.. or crab alfredo.. oh boy!!!
  • wannaloseit
    Options
    Hows about a nice mexican feast??? I like to make chicken enchiladas served with black beans and rice instead of tortillas. Had it for dinner tonight!
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Get him to make some fun toppings you can eat off eachother... and give him a surprise of your own :)

You'll even burn some calories in the process.
  • KokomoJoe
    KokomoJoe Posts: 435
    Options
    If he can somewhat cook here you go. Healthy and easy to make. I served it tonight with rice and some ocean perch fillets. I could have put more bok choy in it for my taste. This works only if you like curry as well.

Curried chickpeas (Serves 2)

1 cup napa cabbage or bok choy, sliced
    1/2 cup diced onion
    1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
    1/2 cup light coconut milk (shake can)
    1 tsp. fresh garlic, minced
    1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
    1 tsp curry powder
    3/4 cup chickpeas, drained (low sodium, canned)
    1/4 tsp sea salt
    pinch black pepper
    1 Tbsp. fresh basil, thinly sliced

Preheat frying pan over medium heat then lightly coat with cooking spray.
    Add cabbage and saute until cabbage shrinks down. Add onion & pepper.Saute for 2-4 minutes.

Add 1 Tbsp. coconut milk, garlic, ginger and curry powder. Saute 2 minutes
    Add remaining coconut milk, chickpeas, salt and pepper; heat until warm. Add fresh basil and serve.