Walmart Story

Options
2»

Replies

• Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Sadly.. I was that person who kept saying I wouldn't get any bigger as I crept up to 268 lbs. I decided at that point I had been telling myself that way too long and that I really didn't want to see that 300 mark, so the journey started. Even though it is taking me alot longer than most, and I even stray once in a while... it is way worth it to me.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. You just made up my mind about hittin the gym!
  • emilysebastian
    emilysebastian Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    BUMP... b/c I want to read this again when I am having a "struggle" day--thx for posting!
  • Erica9903
    Erica9903 Posts: 156
    Options
    Thanks for posting...I told myself at 175 that I wouldn't get any bigger and then again as I approached 190. I told my best friend that 200 was the max I would "allow" and then found myself chasing 230 :cry: . That's when I knew there was nothing left to do but lose it. I've gotten down to 204, down 23 pounds from my highest weight of 227. I wish you the very best of luck on this journey. Thanks again for the post :flowerforyou:
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I went to our Academy Sports Store, had to replace my tennis shoes with a pair of new ones, they had a sale.

I just happened to be walking towards the front, and came upon a man,about my age, in a wheel chair , minus one leg. He was obese, not hard to notice, about 400 lbs, and his left leg was gone , under the knee........

soooo, I was happy to be replacing a pair of tennis shoes that I had worn out doing exercise......

I know what you mean about the lady at Wal Mart, I also live in a city that has the highest insurance pay outs for diabetes, and 2nd city for limb amputations..........Kids in teh stores now a days are heading for the same situation that the man in the wheel chair is in........

p.s, .........After losing 121 lbs, lol, my shoe size is 2 sizes smaller, lol..........too funny.................Llloyd
  • Megthatgirl
    Megthatgirl Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Im glad it could help! I know sometimes it feels like we all of a sudden just woke up fat, but every decision we've made thus far has put us in larger britches lol.

I think that the biggest step has been taken so far if youre reading this.. MFP is an incredible tool and the wonderful people on this site are so incredibly motivational... and having a support system is JUST AS IMPORTANT as the food you put in your mouth!

Its taken me a long time to figure it out, but I finally understand what Ive been doing to myself.

MAKE TODAY GREAT YALL :)
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Yup! I let myself get to 162 lbs. I couldn't see my underwear anymore...My midsection was HUGE...at least for me.

I finally did somethin' about it - and I'm 21 lbs lesser....Best decision I ever did...!

Now I have my abs peekin' out & I can see my underwear ... :laugh:
  • MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this.. Ive had a very bad couple days and I kinda gave up caring what I was eating.. too much stress and things going on...hard to handle.. but thank you.. you just made me have my first glass of water today!! I needed this :)
  • Megthatgirl
    Megthatgirl Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this.. Ive had a very bad couple days and I kinda gave up caring what I was eating.. too much stress and things going on...hard to handle.. but thank you.. you just made me have my first glass of water today!! I needed this :)

Remember that even when everything else is going wrong, you can still go right.. You know how you feel all warm and fuzzy when you dont cheat? When Im having craptastic days, I let that be my sunshine...

I hope everything gets better for you! If you have nothing else in the world, at least you have yourself and thats damn remarkable!

xoxo
    Meg
  • joybell32
    joybell32 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!!!! Thanks for that!! Puts a lot of things into perspective!
  • carrie145
    carrie145 Posts: 297
    Options
    Great post!!
  • loseit4ever
    loseit4ever Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I remember talking to my mom one time about a friend who had gotten to almost 300 lbs and I couldn't imagine ever letting myself get over 200. Well, here I sit, over that mark by a bit! I don't remember when it became okay to me, but NO MORE! Thanks for posting this, it remimded me again of what all this work is really for....me and my health!
  • Estrella4ever
    Options
    Very encouraging. :flowerforyou: