Breakfast tips??

Options
I am not much of a breakfast person. If I do eat breakfast its not a healthy one. I would rather have eggs, bacon, sausage, home fries, omelets, ect. When it comes to cereal or oat meal, or breakfast bars, I just cant get into them. I have been doing just an apple and a orange, or a banana or something. But I know those fruits are higher in sugars and prob not the best choice.

So, aside from the yummy bad stuff, what ideas do you have for breakfast?

Tim

Replies

• katdanash
    katdanash Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I eat greek yogurt:) I am not a breakfast person either. Sometimes I cant eat breakfast at all. Its coffee coffee coffee and then I eat around 9 am. I am up at 5:30 work by 7 am.
    Good Luck to you
  • Xandi
    Xandi Posts: 319
    Options
    I scramble some egg whites...
    I love yogurt and fruit.
  • douglw
    douglw Posts: 25
    Options
    bananas are good.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    most def egg whites and fat free chesse and you can have a nice low cal low fat omeltte
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    3egg whites 60 cal
    1 while egg 70 cal
    1 ounce cheese 100 cal
    2 slices canadian bacon 40 cal
    total 270 calories add some fruit 70 cal, toast 70cal, butter 36 cal total 450 cal.
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I eat 200 calories for breakfast, but you can easily double or triple what I eat for 400 or 600 calories :smile:

Two pieces of schwebels lite wheat bread (35 calories each), toasted with 1 Tb Natural Peanut Butter
    Served with 1/4 cup egg beaters cooked in microwave.

Sometimes I will have 1/4 cup dry oatmeal cooked for 10 minutes on the stove with almond milk. Add 1/2 Tb peanut butter and 1/2 scoop of vanilla whey protein powder. (Not quite as filling for 200 calories though)
  • anghahnmowry
    Options
    I drink protien shakes in the am so I don't over eat at lunch...It seems to work for me!!
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Egg whites, fat-free cheese and some White Wheat bread/toast. Low carb, high protein and filling. Even more so if yuo add a little mushroom, pepper and onion! Yummy! :happy: Sometimes I add a couple of slices of Canadian Bacon!
  • patattheshire
    patattheshire Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    breakfast so important and yet for me the hardest i am never hungry in a.m since starting here i do oatmeal now and other times fittatas bake em nite before and heat in a.m.
  • shells9973
    Options
    my goto breakfast is a deli flat, topped w/a microwaved egg and a laughing cow wedge; served w/banana or half and apple and I'm good to go. The greek lowfat yogurt is also good w/a little bit of bear naked granola and an apple to dip. If you have a rice cooker or a small (1qt) crock pot, you can make a huge batch of steel cut oatmeal for saving time in the mornings. I usually just put a 1/2t of brown sugar in mine, w/a sprinkle of cinnamon. I've heard others adding applesauce to theirs.
  • radicalreader
    radicalreader Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    You can make a 2 egg omelette stuffed with broccoli, sauted onions, and a wedge of laughing cow cheese for about 250 calories.

1/3 cup Irish Oats + water + cup of frozen berries = about 200 calories.

Thomas Light Multi-grain muffin + 1 egg microwaved in small round bowl w/PAM spray + 1 wedge laughing cow = about 200 calories
  • disneymom94
    disneymom94 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have a Arnold's sandwich thin, toasted with low fat ham and low fat swiss cheese. I usually use half of the thin (50 cal.), half the ham serving (Oscar Meyer deli fresh 30 cal), and low fat swiss (60 cal)-then add a piece of fruit and water. Protein, fiber and fruit and around 200 cal-so you could add egg too if you like to be around 300 or so.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Wow, only fruit for breakfast? You must be starving mid-morning!

Try to get some protein in there. It helps quite a bit with feeling fuller longer and avoiding big blood sugar spikes and crashes.

You can go a few ways here: try to modify your breakfast preferences or just eat food that isn't considered 'breakfast food' by most Americans.

It's pretty easy to modify the things you said that you enjoy for breakfast.

-make the omelet with Egg Beaters or egg whites.

-Substitute regular bacon for Canadian bacon, or turkey or soy bacon or sausage

-instead of home fries, cut up some new potatoes into halves or quarters, sprinkle with seasoning and bake them (you might want to make those ahead of time)

You could also just eat something most people don't think of as 'breakfast' food though. Whatever you like that will give you some carbs and protein and stay within your calorie goal.
  • MrsChasteen
    MrsChasteen Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I also enjoy one piece of fruit in the morning along with whole wheat toast with jam, or whole wheat bagel with laughing cow cheese wedge(better than cream cheese), or whole grain waffle sometimes plain or with fruit and a tiny bit of powder sugar, or an egg white sandwich or omelet, or this morning I was starving so I did a bagel with egg white, ham, reduced cheese(favorite)!!! Sometimes I even eat weird stuff for breakfast like a sandwich or leftovers....once I even ate seafood lasagna....lol but lasagna for every meal would not be practical. I am a big breakfast person though...