Wii Fit Weekly Challenge

Options

Replies

• zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    i did about 45 mins on the wii the other night.
    i started with 10 mins of wii bowling and 5 minutes of baseball
    then i did the free step thing for 10 minutes, which i found pretty boring. however, i didnt realise that i could change off the channel when doing it so i wasnt prepared with a dvd or anything. so next time i will probably set it for 20 minutes and get my scrubs dvd out
    then i did the super advanced rythm boxing which is meant to be 10 minutes but actually tkes 13
    i did the wii advanced step, then the kung fu

all up 45 mins for 206 calories. (tho i think the wii fit actually had me at 198 not including the baseball and bowling)

i tried the zen thing aswell, just to see what it was. you have to sit cross legged on the balance board and not move or the candle goes out. my best was 155 seconds.
  • jkq2003
    jkq2003 Posts: 27
    Options
    I did 42 minutes today on the Wii between Free Step and Super Hula Hoop. I am not at an hout yet but I am on my way.
  • jmwolffyy
    jmwolffyy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I did a half hour on the Wii following my first try at JM 30day shred. I loved using the balance activities as a cool down after the shred! The zen thing is awesome, my husband tried to distract me through the entire time and I just ignored him. I wish it would go a little longer as you do it because I could use some meditation, and that would be a great way to get into it! I have no balance when I am standing however, so me in the bubble, floating up the river? Funniest thing you have ever seen!
    I will have to use other things than the yoga. I can only do those partially (goes right back to my lack of balance), so I will do a couple at a time but then move on to things that I CAN do before I get frustrated about what I can't.
  • mrksjia
    mrksjia Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Just finished:
    Wii Fit Plus Yoga: 18 minutes / 63 kcal
    Step to the beat (Walk it out): 525 kcal / 16.276 steps / 4,2 miles / 91 minutes
  • mrksjia
    Options
    And finished another Step to the beat session (it's addictive):
    75 minutes / 13.679 steps / 437 kcal / 3,5 miles
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    This morning I did: Hula Hoop, basic and advanced
    Kung Fu Advanced
    Stepping both basic and advanced
    Jogging in place short distance
    Rythm Parade Advanced
    Balance Games: Numbers game
    Snowball game
    Juggling games
    Total: 40 mins. for 166 calories.
  • yportia
    yportia Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Haven't done the yoga yet this week - seem to jump on the wii for Just Dance 2 and then so tired no energy is left. This week I've walked a few miles during the day and each night I've done about an hour of JD2. Will try tonight for some yoga First and see what happens. :ohwell: Since I've never Just done Yoga I may find things on there I've never tried. Love finding the "hidden pockets" of the wii.

Portia
  • mrksjia
    Options
    And this was really my last Step to the beat session today:
    11.362 steps / 356 kcal / 65 minutes / 3 miles
  • krea4
    krea4 Posts: 1,814 Member
    Options
    Tonight's Callenge was:

Wii Dance 2 - 50 mins. for 344 calories.

It kicked my butt but it was fun.
    I haven't danced like that in years. It brought back
    memories.

I know what you mean, when I first got it I loved doing it. However I have started to get bored with it and think that it over emphasises your arms so now I just put it on continuous, put the controller down and dance around like a mad woman!! Free's the spirit, makes me feel like a kid again

No time for the wii so far this week (maybe at the weekend) but the weight loss is continuing ... down to 9 stone (57.2 kg)
  • Shirley61
    Options
    This evening I did:
    Yoga - 42 min. 122 calories
    Dance 2 - 10 mins. 69 calories
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    last night i played beatles rock band.

i used the Playing music drums thing on here .

i played for about 60 minutes but only put in 40minutes to the calculator (to allow for the slower songs/loading).

247 calories.
  • yportia
    yportia Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Last night and tonight I started with Yoga to get the time in. So far I've done 40 minutes - about 20 each night. Tonight was fun in that I never knew the trainers would yell at you - "Hey" I was trying to cheat a little on one of the advanced yoga moves where you balance on the edge of the board and hold your legs up in the air - jackknife I think. Even though I kept it in the yellow part - he knew my legs were barely off the floor.:blushing:

Finished each night with the continuous thing for 30 minutes - kung fu, hula hoop (don't remember sweating when a child), free run, the one where you bump the balls and add up to 10 and 15 and some more can't remember - can't count very well either.

Also doing a walking challenge. Got to figure out a way to get a day off. Maybe in April :flowerforyou:
  • Shirley61
    Options
    No Wii today I did some strength training for 55 mins. for 271 Calories.:bigsmile:
    Will do Wii tomorrow. :tongue:
  • ct1986
    ct1986 Posts: 200
    Options
    Finished up the Yoga challenge today, didn't think I was going to with the way work has been but it's done!

And I forgot to say that this weeks weigh in is 214 which is a loss of 2.4 lbs for me.
  • Shirley61
    Options
    :flowerforyou: ct1956:

Just wanted to say, great job on your weight loss. Keep it up.

Shirley
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Did snow shoveling for 30 mins. at 245 calories.:ohwell:
    Going to the twins 7th birthday today so probably will not exercise on
    Wii today.
    Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday!!
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Finally finished my hour of yoga last night!
    Thursday- 6 mins (little one decided to wake up)
    Friday- 16 mins
    Saturday- 24 mins
    Sunday- 14 mins

I love this group! Can't wait for this weeks challenge :happy:
  • Shirley61
    Options
    No Wii tonight, celebrated D's birthday and went out for dinner.
    I did manage Bike - 30 minutes at 337 calories.

Will do Wii tomorrow night.:bigsmile:

What are we doing this week? Are we still on Yoga?
  • Shirley61
    Options
    No Wii tonight, celebrated D's birthday and went out for dinner.
    I did manage Bike - 30 minutes at 337 calories.

Will do Wii tomorrow night.:bigsmile:

What are we doing this week? Are we still on Yoga?
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. SO sorry for the absence. We had a death in the family and things have been incredibly hectic this past week or so. I haven't had a moment to post a new challenge for this week... however, it is only Tuesday, so let's see what we can muster up here for the remainder of the week. I promise to have a new challenge at the ready for next Monday, too! Also, if anyone has any ideas for challenges they'd like to see here, please let me know -- I'd love to have some input!

This week's challenge may be a little tougher since I'm a day late posting this, but here it is!

+=+=+=+=+ ONE HOUR or MORE of Rhythm Boxing +=+=+=+=+

Feel free to incorporate this into your regular workout routine in any way that suits you -- all in one go, a few minutes a day, anything goes! Also, it's up to YOU as far as whether you'd like to make this ONE HOUR each DAY or ONE HOUR for the entire WEEK, whatever suits you and keeps you motivated.

Stop back here and let us know how/when you complete this week's challenge, and encourage others to complete it as well!

Have a GREAT week, everyone, and thank you for your patience with me!