Chalean is my trainer

Options
So I'm kind of a broke college student but I just invested a bunch of money in turbo jam and Chalean extreme! She is to be my personal trainer :) please reassure me that it was money well spent and everyone has seen amazing results with her programs! Also looking for any tips or advice Chalean vets have to offer.

Replies

• Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I'm only on my third week of ChaLean Extreme so I can't comment on results really, except I can already lift more than I could at first! It is amazing, I absolutely love it! I ordered Turbo Fire to go along with it and it should come tomorrow...excited! Good luck!
  • jksn2nlove
    Options
    You are going to love them, great investment:wink:
  • Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Turbo i swear by it! will be the best investment you'll ever make, ive lost 10 pounds from Turbo Jam Alone and i wont go to anyone else~!:flowerforyou: :glasses:
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    glad your working out but hardly an investment....its a lot because there paying off many people...ive seen infomercials I can just blast MY music and dance my butt off in any which way I please.... good luck
  • kylielouttit
    kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    glad your working out but hardly an investment....its a lot because there paying off many people...ive seen infomercials I can just blast MY music and dance my butt off in any which way I please.... good luck

Ouch.

To the OP, you made a great investment in yourself! You will love the programs, Chalene Johnson is an absolute doll and so motivating.
  • chubmuffim
    Options

So you haven't actually tried the programs I'm asking about?..
  • Danilouise86
    Options
    I think it is a great investment! Ive got both programs. I don't do chalean extreme that much bc I bulk up easily and was putting on more muscle than I wanted to. I may pick it up later. I am a cardio addict and deff gain muscle tone from her kickboxing/dance drills so I stick with TURBOFIRE more so. I love it!!!! It all depends on what works for you and trust me I have done many different workouts throughout the years so it is way more fun than just blasting music and dancing around. I could have just burned it or gotten it from a someone, but i chose to splurge the money bc I have been a loyal beachbody customer so I think its worth it.
  • RachelHancock
    Options
    I'm in my first week and I love it! The muscle work is definitely what i've been missing these past few months. You'll feel stronger and be looking more shapely in no time.

I've had to buy some proper weights though as my heaviest dumbbells are 5kg and this is not enough
  • speterson26
    Options
    Love, love, love the program AND it works!!!!! I did Chalean Extreme for 6 months and have been doing it mixed with P90X and Insanity for the past 12 and overall I have lost about 15 pounds and have kept it off. If you watch your calories and follow the workout you will see results. Definitely take your measurements every 30 days. I actually ended up gaining some weight at first, but lost inches. If I wouldn't have taken my measurements, I may have gotten discouraged just looking at the scale, but knowing that I was losing inches - I kept working and ultimately met my goal.
  • Ninerz113
    Ninerz113 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE Chalean Extreme! You made a great investment in yourself! I've had the videos for almost 2 years and I still use them! I've gone through the full 90 day program twice and now I mostly just do random workouts from it every now and then. It really is fantastic! I am SO much stronger than I used to be. My body is much more defined and I have a better view of lifting weights because of it. I also thought I would think Chalean was annoying (because I think her Turbo Jam infomercials are annoying) but she is actually great in Extreme!

EDIT: also, as a tip: do ALL of the workouts that are suggested in Extreme. The first time I went through it, I would skip the cardio workouts (burn intervals and the other one - can't remember the name) and just run instead. The second time I went through the program, I actually did the cardio workouts and I noticed a difference!
  • spcopps
    spcopps Posts: 283
    Options
    I'm on my 4th weeks of Turbo Jams and I love it..I have lost 7 lbs (also watching calories). My upper legs are already getting definition and I can tell I can squat farther than before. just the other day I was playing ball with my boys outside and noticed I was squatting to catch the ball and not just bending at my waist. That may not seem like much but it was a surprise to me to do it and not even think about it (or get out of breath doing it). The moves can be a little difficult to learn at first but just keep moving and you will eventually get the moves!! Just shake it girl!!