cola chicken

Options
chipper15173
chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
this too is south beach really good. we make and use this sauce for BBQ, or dipping, just about anything. we also cook pork chops, hamburgers instead of chicken, add some veggies and rice and makes an good sweet and sour.

4 skinless Chicken breasts
1 Can diet PEPSI/Coke/Cola
1 cup (8oz)Carb Option Ketchup

Pour /Mix ketchup /soda in skillet, Add Chicken, bring to boil.. turn chicken over, lower to low/medium heat for 45 minutes( turn once or twice in that time frame)
the sauce will thicken, and the chicken may start to shred..Serve with Salad or veggies.. Will try to shred the chicken and serve on a hunk of sourdough.

Replies

• chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    this too is south beach really good. we make and use this sauce for BBQ, or dipping, just about anything. we also cook pork chops, hamburgers instead of chicken, add some veggies and rice and makes an good sweet and sour.

4 skinless Chicken breasts
    1 Can diet PEPSI/Coke/Cola
    1 cup (8oz)Carb Option Ketchup

Pour /Mix ketchup /soda in skillet, Add Chicken, bring to boil.. turn chicken over, lower to low/medium heat for 45 minutes( turn once or twice in that time frame)
    the sauce will thicken, and the chicken may start to shred..Serve with Salad or veggies.. Will try to shred the chicken and serve on a hunk of sourdough.
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    Yum!!!

This ties in perfectly with our discussion on diet sodas....:laugh:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    omg that sounds sooooooooo good!!!!

and easy!!! Thanks!:tongue:

hugs!
    Ali
  • BEFORE
    BEFORE Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Called the wife and told her to unthaw some chicken. Thanks.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    That does sound easy and yummy!! :tongue:
  • DeannaK
    DeannaK Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    yum... this is such a busy week for me, that this would fill in my search for easy dinners.. thanks for posting!
  • Mely
    Mely Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    The best part of this recipe is that it sounds easy. I don't make anything with more than 3-4 ingredients!

Can you make it in the oven? That would make it even simpler.
  • Mely
    Mely Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I made this in the ovening using a whole chicken cut up and skinned. I had to take out the breasts early otherwise they would have overcooked. At that stage the sauce hadn't really thickened and hadn't stuck to the breasts but they were good anyhow. I found I needed to sprinkle with paprika part way through to give more color. The dark meat and sauce were good but I also sprinkled with paprika part way through and basted a couple of times.

It was a little sweet although my family liked it. I think it may be good to lower the ketchup and add mustard. i.e. 3/4 c ketchup and 1/4 c mustard, 1 can diet coke (next time I have to remember to use caffeine free diet coke - unless the cooking process kills the caffeine).