Let's do this thing!

Options
I am a 42 year old hair stylist/salon owner, who recently was diagnosed with high blood pressure. I managed to get it down by going off of estrogen and cutting my sodium to under a half a gram a day. I have always thought of myself as a healthy person, but, admittedly I (had) a serious salty food addiction (especially if it had cheese on or in it) and i had been gaining weight over the last year. I am a total foodie, and I love to cook. It has been hard adjusting to my new choices of food - or lack there of, so to replace my passionate affair with all things salty, I am hoping MFP will give me something to shift my focus to. I want to become passionate about my health, for real this time, and I want to love the way I look and feel. In the mean time I will continue my quest for low sodium recipes that taste good! Maybe a year from now I will look back with gratitude for this bump in the road. For now, I am happy to have this forum and the people who come with it for support and encouragement!

Replies

• Phantasee
    Phantasee Posts: 23
    Options
    Good luck from a fellow salt addict!
  • JuneGem6471
    JuneGem6471 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Welcome! With open arms welcome!!:flowerforyou:
  • toalmom
    toalmom Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    As someone who has been known to put salt on her Ruffles potato chips, I feel your pain. We can do this! Please add me as a friend and we can encourage each other. :happy:
  • Phantasee
    Phantasee Posts: 23
    Options
    Good luck from a fellow salt addict!

and Welcome! :happy: