28 male, 2 weeks in, soon to be father, 100lb goal

Options
Justin741
Justin741 Posts: 249 Member
Hello Everyone,

Since I have rarely used forums even though I am avid internet user I do not exactly know what to put in here or how to format my post! My name is Justin, you can see my profile for all those interesting details. I have been using the app on my andriod phone for two weeks and just today setup my profile on the website. I find this application and website and excellent tool and it is really making it easier for me to keep my meal diary and keep track of my weight, nutrition, and exercise.

My goal is to lose 100 lbs! I would like to lose the weight by Feb 2012. My wife and I are expecting our first child and I want to be a positive example to both my wife and my child. I don't want my child to have the same struggles that I have and want to lead by example.

I have never asked for help when trying to lose weight before but I want help and support. This is NOT a diet but rather a lifestyle change.

Replies

• BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I think your last statement is key, it is a lifestyle change and not just a diet. I've had to say that to people over and over again. God bless on reaching your goals, you have so many good reasons that I can relate to. Reclaim that temple for God!
  • mavila1978
    Options
    Hello and congratulations on both the baby and the decision to make your life better! I also have about 100 pounds to lose. I've got a two year old so I'm intimately familiar with the adventure of new parenthood. If you like I can add you to my friends list.
  • Recycledsinner
    Recycledsinner Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Congrats on starting! I'm at the beginning, too! Sometimes a scary place to be, but starting truly is the hardest part! I wish you all the luck in your weight loss! I'll be checking in to see how it's going :o)

Matt
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the new baby on the way and on your journey to lose weight. My 3 P's are Persevere, Patience, and Positive. You can do it! When the going gets tough, the important thing to remember is success is never giving up on yourself.

Keep up the good work!:flowerforyou:
  • khloes_mama
    Options
    Congratulations and Welcome! I am fairly new to MFP and I also want to loose about 100 lbs. I'll "friend" you and we can try to keep each other on track! Jennifer
  • nikkinikki113
    nikkinikki113 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Welcome! And Congrats!! Being a new parent is the most exciting and rewarding time of your life, and being healthy will only make it stronger. You'll be amazed at how fast that little bundle of joy turns into a running toddler! And they're fast!

Feel free to add me as a friend. I can offer supprt and motivation, and encouragement as well!! You'll do great on your weight loss journey, you've got the most positive motivation!

Welcome again!