Less fattening coffee

Options
I love coffee and have always liked it light and sweet (that is with plenty of cream and sugar).

Obviously that is not good for the calorie count, so recently I have been cutting back on the sugar amount and have gradually been able to learn to enjoy it with only about a teaspoon of sugar. I can't stand any of the artificial sweetners, nor do I want the chemicals, so I will take the calories from a teaspoon of sugar.

When it comes to cream though I have had trouble making the switch. I have tried milk and powdered coffee creamer and don't like the taste of either. I have tried 4 different brands of fat free half-n-half and they were all very watery, until...........LAND O'LAKES FAT FREE HALF N HALF found it's way into my fridge.

I LOVE THIS STUFF, if there is anyone else out there looking to still have a nice creamy cup of coffee without the calories, this is the way to go. I CANNOT taste the difference AT ALL. It is thick and creamy and delicious and best of all it is FAT FREE!!!!!

Replies

• xstealth12x
    xstealth12x Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Nice!

Even changing something like that makes a huge difference in the long run! Same with switching from regular pop to diet. If you find something that can substitute and you can stand the taste, run with it!
  • lockedonna
    Options
    We have Land o Lakes Mini Moos half and half creamers at work and I LOVE them. I'm a light and sweet coffee girl as well. I only have one cup a day most days, but I use Splenda instead. Maybe I'll switch to real sugar one day...
  • OneLostSock
    Options
    I decided i didnt want to waste my calories for milk so decided to take it black one day and i havent looked back. I much prefer the taste and you can really taste that coffee flavour when there is no milk in it. Dairy just isnt healthy for us either, and the dairy farming industry is intense - so think of the good we are doing to the animals by cutting it out - not to mention the health benefits.

If anything, since cutting the milk and really tasting the coffee, i've become a coffee snob! :embarassed:

I agree with xstealth12x making small changes can make all the difference.

Good luck in your quest for the perfect cuppa!! x
  • kouzzzz
    kouzzzz Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I have 1 -2 cups of coffee a day. I usually add 2 tbsp of organic half n half (35 calories).
  • mkeller234
    mkeller234 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I decided i didnt want to waste my calories for milk so decided to take it black one day and i havent looked back. I much prefer the taste and you can really taste that coffee flavour when there is no milk in it. Dairy just isnt healthy for us either, and the dairy farming industry is intense - so think of the good we are doing to the animals by cutting it out - not to mention the health benefits.

If anything, since cutting the milk and really tasting the coffee, i've become a coffee snob! :embarassed:

I agree with xstealth12x making small changes can make all the difference.

Good luck in your quest for the perfect cuppa!! x

+1, Black Coffee rules.
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    You might try it with vanilla almond milk or heck if you like mochas try with the dark chocolate almond milk. I love the stuff plain. I'm not a fan of coffee love the smell hate the taste but I do love those Starbucks frozen caramel mocha fraps since I can't taste the coffee really.