HELP!!!!!

Options
I have been using My Fitness Pal since January 2011 and so far I have lost 7lbs. I have been sticking to my daily calorie goal and been eating very sensibly. At first my weight loss was going well. Now I seem to have hit a sticky patch. My eating habits have remained the same, I haven't been eating unhealthily or eating more quantities and my daily calorie intake has always ranged between 900 - 1150, my daily calorie goal is 1200. But now I have noticed my weight has been increasing slightly it has increased from 9.8 - 9.10 and I cannot understand what I am doing wrong??? Any suggestions would be welcome.

Replies

• dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    The daily calorie is only one part of a diet - are you getting plenty of exercise too?
  • randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    are you exercising? you should never go under yout 1200 allowance. this is where a lot of people go wrong. you will lose weight at first but your not giving your body the minimum calories it needs to not think your trying to starve yourself. sounds like your body is clinging onto anything you eat because of this.

If you are exercsing maybe your building up muscle? can you make your diary open so we can have a look?
  • reemasolanki
    Options
    are you exercising? you should never go under yout 1200 allowance. this is where a lot of people go wrong. you will lose weight at first but your not giving your body the minimum calories it needs to not think your trying to starve yourself. sounds like your body is clinging onto anything you eat because of this.

If you are exercsing maybe your building up muscle? can you make your diary open so we can have a look?

Yep I agree! Try to take in more calories and try to stay at or above 1200 net calories a day. You will see slow weight loss, but it will happen.
  • anjumr
    anjumr Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi guys thank you for the advice so far. I have made my diary public. I do exercise, I do one exercise class a week and walk around 3 miles a day. I do not think I am exercising enough, so maybe that could be it.
  • reemasolanki
    Options
    Hi guys thank you for the advice so far. I have made my diary public. I do exercise, I do one exercise class a week and walk around 3 miles a day. I do not think I am exercising enough, so maybe that could be it.

I really think you are not getting enough calories. I did that at the beginning and my loss was really slow, but now I exercise everyday and eat back most of those calories too and have seen my weight loss being faster. I feel better too and just generally healthier. Try to eat 1200 Net calories a day. So if your exercise uses 300 calories eat around 1500 a day....you don't have to eat all of them back, but at least half.
  • randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    im noticing a pattern with your desserts...i assume you are having these very sweet calorific snacks after your dinner?

You need to eat more than 1200 calories a day if your walking 3 miles everyday just to make sure your body is getting enough to allow anything to burn.

One day you skipped lunch? why was that? You have a lot in your snack box each day, i would suggest breaking your meals down to 5 instead of 3 pluys snacks, so change your settings to Breakfast, Mid Morning, Lunch, Afternoon snack and dinner. So you can see where it is you are having these sugar cravings. could be that your not getting enough energy foods throughout the day.

Home cooked meals are always the best way to go, ensure you are logging your portion sizes correctly. Do you need rice or bread with your dinner? why not substitute for salad or veg and have the carbs no later than lunch time. this will impact your body a lot and leave you less bloated in the evening and in the mornings.

it does look like you are active enough. But your mind frame seems to be to think you need to eat a lot less and exercise a lot harder. I think you need to make sure your calorie intake is never under 1200 and all that exercise you are already doing will reward you. dont forget, fast weight loss usually means that it will come back x2! slow and steady is the key! good luck x
  • ejschantz85
    Options
    You need to exercise but if your goal is 1200 and you are always eating under that you will not lose weight. You need to at least be eating 1200 calories per day otherwise your body will not get the nutrients it needs, it will go into starvation mode. What happens is your body adjusts to whatever your life style is, meaning.... if you eat too few calories you will burn less calories during the day which means you lose less weight.

Also you need to exercise, not only does it help you to lose weight, but it also helps tone your body, strengthen your heart and give you more energy. Even if it's something like 30 minutes of pilates or yoga a day.

You can do it!
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    You are not eating enough.....
  • mochama12487
    mochama12487 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I would also suggest to watch sodium intake. I am not familiar with the foods you are eating, but I would be willing to say you are consuming more sodium than you think, which may be making you retain water, and thus not lose weight.

Good luck!
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    I know it has been said before, but you should NOT eat below 1200 a day. You are not doing your body any favors; you are harming it. IF MFP has set your calorie intake at 1200, then by all means eat at LEAST 1200 a day and every so often bumped it up and zig zag it around (that always broke my plateaus = yes, eating more broke my plateaus!). And if you are exercising, you should be eating back at LEAST 1/2 of the calories you earned. Bottom line, you are not eating enough!