healthy triggers to get back 'on the wagon'

Options
well, i feel off the wagon for a few weeks. and you know what got me back into the swing of things? going grocery shopping! never would have guessed that grocery shopping was a 'healthy trigger' for me! after 2.5 weeks of no exercise (and longer eating crappy), as soon as I got back from the grocery store (that included items for a preplanned healthy week), I wanted to go for a run. So I did! And I feel so much better already because of it! (too bad I have to look forward to withdrawal headaches again... stupid pop!)

what are your 'healthy triggers' when you've fallen off the wagon

Replies

• mlemonroe2
    mlemonroe2 Posts: 603
    Options
    My trigger is just thinking about why I started losing weight in the first place. To set a good example for my daughter!
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    It's a "healthy trigger" for me too! I too get excited about all the good tasting healthy foods!
  • tam8374
    tam8374 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Well that is just great!! I am glad you found a trigger that works for you. I have a hard time staying on the wagon. I think I am being dragged by a rope at the end. I can't seem to stay on but I don't want to get off either.. LOL.

My triggers vary. Sometimes it might be a challenge from a friend (usually money is an incentive), other times it might be something I read. But no matter what they are; I start out strong and tend to fall shortly after. I am thinking of re-joining weight watchers again. IDK

I guess I haven't really found my staying on the wagon permanently trigger.
  • boomstick13s
    Options
    i gave up caffeine in january... made for a rough week or 2. you'll get past it and forget about it after awhile.
  • cammi317436
    Options
    falling off the wagon is just one of the many trip ups to losing. Keep up good work.
  • cynusps
    cynusps Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have a really hard time as my food diary will atest to. I think it really helps making myself enter all the food I eat and not cheating. so I may fall off for a day or two but then try to get back on. If I can lose only a 1 pound a week that will be good. As spring gets here I am hoping better weather will bring more motivation.

Hang in there. We need each other. :happy:
  • lduffee
    lduffee Posts: 14
    Options
    Nothing against WW, but, why don't you consider putting the weekly fee in a sealed jar, making up a calendar and weighing yourself weekly. When you hit a goal, the money would be yours to use for a special treat? Set small achievable goals and "pay" yourself for your positive efforts. Good luck, you can do it. :smooched:
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    For me its the Farmers Market....I love seeing all the different fruits and veggies that alway look better then what's in the stores.

I'm more willing to try a new fruit/veggie, a new recipe. You feel better eating stuff from there. We have an indoor farmers market but I haven't gone. I like the whole outdoor part and indoors I think its more of the stuff I don't need in the house.

That's another thing...the free samples or buying one really good cupcake/cookie. You can splurge but not have to have a whole package of treats at home you feel you have to eatbecause you bought them!
  • tam8374
    tam8374 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Nothing against WW, but, why don't you consider putting the weekly fee in a sealed jar, making up a calendar and weighing yourself weekly. When you hit a goal, the money would be yours to use for a special treat? Set small achievable goals and "pay" yourself for your positive efforts. Good luck, you can do it. :smooched:

Well when I did WW, I did well. I think it was that I was accountable to someone else besides myself. If it were up to me to just put money in a jar, then it wouldn't happen. But that's just me personally. Right now being accountable to myself has not gotten me anywhere. So with spring and summer here, I am ready to try anything.
  • 2hdesign
    2hdesign Posts: 153
    Options
    For me its the Farmers Market....I love seeing all the different fruits and veggies that alway look better then what's in the stores.

I'm more willing to try a new fruit/veggie, a new recipe. You feel better eating stuff from there. We have an indoor farmers market but I haven't gone. I like the whole outdoor part and indoors I think its more of the stuff I don't need in the house.

That's another thing...the free samples or buying one really good cupcake/cookie. You can splurge but not have to have a whole package of treats at home you feel you have to eatbecause you bought them!

I totally get you about the farmers markets... but around here they don't really start until late may. But still a good suggestion when they come into season.

I also like your advice about the one realy good cupcake/cookie. Good quality = better satisfy craving. Plus if there's only one, I can't possibly eat more (which is the problem I have if I try to make cookies at home).