MFP Cycling Gang 9/15/08

Options
13»

Replies

• jadaigle
    jadaigle Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the support, guys. I got back on my bike today after running a 5K. I rode home from the race, so I got another 10 miles in. I feel a little bit better. I think I'll do the century but I'll skip the long ride next week so I don't get so discouraged.

Total this week: 95.2 miles. Not quite 100, but close enough for me.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Reminded me about one of the guys on the ride yesterday--69 years old. He had already ridden 32 miles before joining us for our 45 and then at the end of our group ride, he decided to keep going to "make it an even 100 mile" day he said. :noway: WOW--69 years old and doing a Century like it was nothing. That's what I wanna be when I grow up!
  • ce_fit
    ce_fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    finished my week off with a 30 mile ride. It is starting to get cooler, I am not looking forward to sunny day cold rides!! I live in Vancouver Canada, no flat spots here. :noway:
  • ce_fit
    ce_fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Question regarding calories burned. My Cateye computer says on the ride I burned 1100 cal. MFP says I burned 1600. I did not have to input any info into my cateye. I am curious as to which reading you would use?
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Question regarding calories burned. My Cateye computer says on the ride I burned 1100 cal. MFP says I burned 1600. I did not have to input any info into my cateye. I am curious as to which reading you would use?

Both have to be estimates, unless the Cateye has a HRM--I know that MFP usually overestimates vs. my HRM by as much as 500/700 or as little as 200, depending upon the ride time. I have found that mapmyride.com usually tends to give an estimate pretty close to my HRM though. It's free to use unless you wish to print maps, too. You plot out your ride, then input time, age, weight, etc. and it spits out average speed, calories, etc. It's usually within 200 of my HRM.

How long did it take you? That might help figure it out. I know that I can count on burning between 400-600 per hour depending on exertion amount.