p90x

Options
Question - Can I do this program if I dont have a pull-up bar?

Replies

• rachpiper720
    Options
    It would be best to have something that could mimic a pull-up bar like a resistance band. I bought my pull-up bar after the bands became too easy. It was only $30 from walmart, and it works awesome! It is useful for all the pull-up variations and it just hang in the doorway and can be put up and taken down easily. Here is the link. I can't do a full pull up and just use a chair to help me get up easier. I get way better results with the assisted pull up than I ever did with the band.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Iron-Gym-Xtreme-Workout-Bar/13032424?sourceid=1500000000000003260410&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=13032424
  • craynor5
    craynor5 Posts: 5
    Options
    Right now I don't have the ability to use my pull-up bar (I am not near a doorway) and so I just use free weights.

Doing different types of bent-over rows to mimic the pull-ups. I would like to get a bar installed in the basement but the free-weights will be fine for now!
  • ElaineDianne70
    ElaineDianne70 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Question - Can I do this program if I dont have a pull-up bar?

You CAN, but it's best to get one. :-)
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    They have a contraption that you can put in between the door and door frame, and use your bands with that instead of a pullup bar. I found it by googling it, and it was only like $11.
  • Bootzey
    Bootzey Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I use my total gym
  • MTBrob
    MTBrob Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Take a Roll of Duct tape.. Run your bands through it, place the duct taped roll on other side of door, close door and vola.. Use bands to mimic pull; up bar..

You can a pull up bar from wal mat for 30 bucks FYI
  • JudoJones
    JudoJones Posts: 54
    Options
    I didn't have a door way that i could use so I purchased a free standing pullup bar with Dip station from amazon for about $80
  • JenniferLynn_1205
    JenniferLynn_1205 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Are you going to do it?? You are crazy!!! :) Good luck sister!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I found that I got WAY better results with one. So while you can use bands or free weights and try to "mimic" the various exercizes the bar will give you the best results.