Embarassing....question.

Options
Okay people, this is hard to ask, but I need to know the answer, lol.
Since I started to eat healthy and stick to it, I can only "go" rabbit turds! Before, it was large....and more! NOW...it is sparatic and little....grrrrr!
I have NEVER had a problem with irregularity or anything. Increasing fiber doesnt help, just causes gas.
Suggestions?

Replies

• Texsox
    Texsox Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Drink more water
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I'm glad that you asked, I think I suffer the same. It is good that you are keeping up on your fiber though. Do you take vitamins? I have always suspected that I get too much iron somehow. Good luck, I will be watching your responses!
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I noticed that too when I started eating better. I felt I had to put so much into going #2 or "rabbit turds." Every once in a while I'll have the problem, but it has evened out the last few weeks. I've been eating healthier since mid January.
  • nataliecornall
    Options
    can try drinking hot water xx
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're drinking plenty of water. If you don't, and you eat a good amount of fiber, the fiber can have the opposite effect and constipate you as it doesn't have the water to help pass. Sometimes, when you change your diet from not enough fiber and increase it quickly this will happen, too. Hopefully this changes soon!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Drink more water

Yep.
  • _Jessica_
    _Jessica_ Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking enough fluids?? bowels can become rabbit turds if you are dehydrated. water is very important in how your body works as a whole... it affects every system in your body. Try increasing you water intake. And try eating more green vegies. Hope this helps.
  • delilahthegoddess
    Options
    Yup. WATER! WATER AND MORE WATER!!!
  • emiliewright
    emiliewright Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Drink more water

I drink so much water its too much.
  • mandykasase
    mandykasase Posts: 110
    Options
    Dito, i was like that a couple of weeks ago. I now drink a lax tea or take fibre drink once a week just to get things going but it's getting better. I think it's just the body adjusting to a new diet. the fibre drink is better and tastes good. And drink lots and lots of water.
  • wittkimberly
    Options
    I would say more water, and find a kind of fiber that doesn't make you gassy. It would really help. I really like the Oats & Chocolate Fiber One bars...they are only ~130 calories, and you get ~35% of your daily fiber in one bar. Fiber One Honey Cluster cereal is also great, and you get 51% of your fiber in one bowl. It might also help to just eat more roughage...like salad. You didn't say what you were eating, but that's always a good thing to try too. Good luck!
  • nurse_chris
    nurse_chris Posts: 189
    Options
    lots of water and metamucil. Its a great fibre supplement for peeps in need
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're drinking plenty of water. If you don't, and you eat a good amount of fiber, the fiber can have the opposite effect and constipate you as it doesn't have the water to help pass. Sometimes, when you change your diet from not enough fiber and increase it quickly this will happen, too. Hopefully this changes soon!

I agree! And oh, by the way... drink more water...lol
  • dhutt2011
    dhutt2011 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Surprisingly enough, the research I have read says to make sure you drink plenty of water and increasing your fiber (which you have done).
  • vroyyoung
    vroyyoung Posts: 33
    Options
    Try a glass of the Plum Smart juice, it now has a light version too.
  • Badger1201
    Options
    More water is ok, but if you feel "empty" after going it may be that you aren't eating nasty stuff anymore. We forget that alot of the common foods we used to eat are full of bulk and god knows what. I am no expert but i'll bet research will reveal that you are perfectly normal. For fun, go have a greasy burger...it really messes with your system after eating healthy for a while XD.
  • rherrin5
    rherrin5 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Same happens to me everytime I diet and exercise. Increase fiber. Fiber will back fire with bloating and gas if you do not push tons of water. Plus going from low fiber to high fiber will take your body a good week to adjust to anyways. Just keep up the high fiber (I get around 50 a day) and drink lots of water ( I take in about 90oz daily) and give your body a week to adjust but trust me it will work and help and do not think you will get diahr. because you wont. You will go to softer and normal and have a great BM daily :) hahaha

50g a day of fiber is high but we are suppose to get around 35 daily anyways and no one ever gets that unless they really focus on it. :) Good luck!
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I have heard, and I may be wrong here, that if you're eating better your body has less (pardon the unintentional pun) crap foods to process, and more good foods, so your body soaks up the good. And you just have smaller 'turds'. But also drink more water, increase your fiber and yada yada
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Are you exercising also? If you are strengthening your abs, they will help push the food more effectively.
  • aja0071
    aja0071 Posts: 6
    Options
    Yeah, I have been having the gas problem since my new health eating. I think my body is trying to get used to the new foods with lots of fiber in them.I need to drink more water too.