Anyone use hip hop abs?

Options
toludc
toludc Posts: 49 Member
Anyone used hip hop abs and seen results. How do u rate it?

Replies

• dedication6
    dedication6 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I don't currently use it but did. A couple of friends and myself would get together a few nights a week and with the help of, gorgeous Shawn T's moves would hip hop it up!

I did see results. The part that you get down on the floor and do legs lifts is the best part. I would have sweat rolling off of me at this point.

It's fun and effective, I would suggest trying it if you LOVE to dance! One of the girls that would join us wasn't very coordinated and she didn't enjoy it as much as me, but I do LOVE to dance.

Hope this helps!
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I tried it for the first time last night. Now, keep in mind that A) it was my first time, and B) I only did disk 1, 20 min workout (I forget what they call it). Now, with that in mind, I didn't like it. Shaun T annoyed me. I didin't even break a sweat, but I thought it was ok, that I would be feeling the "burn" today. Nope, nothing. I am going to try the rest of the set and see how that goes, but I'm thinking it's not really for me. I prefer kickboxing. Good luck!
  • csinor373
    Options
    I've been using Zumba for the last 2 weeks and ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!! I got the new 4 CD set. The music is what makes the difference and I'm having so much fun dancing that I can't believe how quickly the time goes by and I've exercised for 45 minutes or an hour without stopping or without realizing it!

There is a tone & sculpt CD as well as standing abs CD that make ab workouts so much better than laying on the floor doing sit-ups and leg lifts.

All of the moves are set to salsa, cumbia, reggae, and hip hop music. The Intro CD takes you literally step-by-step through all the moves starting you out with the "beginner" move, increasing the speed, and then adding arms and hips. I was never one for hip hop (I'm more hips and salsa at 45 yrs of age and 3 teens) but I'm doing the moves and having fun at it.

After just two 20 minutes sessions two days in a row, I could definitely tell a difference in my "baby pooch". Two more 45 minute sessions later and I keep walking around the house rubbing my stomach because I can 't believe it's so flat. Even my kids and my SO have noticed. :)
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Hip Hop Abs is the only thing I've ever bought off an infomercial. lol I love it! It's so much more fun than just the normal, mundane, and tedious moves most other work out put you thru. I love that it is more like dance. The Hips, Buns, and Thighs gives a great burn, but the Total Body Burn is a great one for all over. The Cardio routine is a little short for me, so I always combine it with the Ab Sculpt. It's a good time as far as working out goes. :)
  • foreverjade
    foreverjade Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I have it, and I have done it, and I liked it enough to by the level 2 disks afterwards!!

It is super fun, but it is also easy. I got to the point of doing it on days I wanted to take it easy. Level 2 is much harder, and a lot more of a workout. However, if you are just trying to pick up fitness, or are new to fitness it is an AWESOME choice. It is fun enough to make you do it every day, and easy enough to keep it up.