Bed Check

Options

Replies

• Breckgirl
    Breckgirl Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    LOL, no not really.
    We never sleep under the comforter or anything (too hot!), but we use a little blanket and I just fold it up the next day. Not a big deal and we don't have anything fancy. No one ever sees our room anyway, so who cares! :P

But, I remember always getting in trouble for not making my bed when I was a kid. UGH, what's the point?! I'm just going to mess it up later anyway. :( And I work hard while I'm asleep to get my bed comfortable and how I want it... Why would I want to mess that up by making it! :P

As a kid I never made my bed but kept the door to my room closed. My parents were constantly after me to make the bed. When I was 18 I came home one afternoon from an early date to find my matteress and all of my bedding and pillows lying in the from yard (we lived in the country back a long lane so it wasn't an eyesore for the neighbors). My dad was sitting on the front porch waiting for me. He said if I didn't make my bed I could sleep outside with the other animals! He and my date sat on the porch and watched while I wrestled the matteress back into my room and made my bed. I didn't know whether to be mad or embarrassed!
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do. I have a pretty regular routine I follow in the mornning. First thing, hit the bathroom. Next, water & feed the cats, make up the bed, get dressed, open curtains and/or blinds. It's a habit I don't think I could give up at this point. :flowerforyou:
  • audbbgirl
    audbbgirl Posts: 83
    Options
    Only time I make the bed is when I change the sheets and pillow cases!! My husband and I sleep with seperate blankets because we both move to much and he gets too hot all the time and I am freezing all the time.
  • mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    No most days my bed is not made like it should be. We pull the covers and the comforter up but we don't tuck them under the pillows, fluff the pillows, or smooth out the sheets. I grew up making my bed everyday and I continued to do so all through college. I just find the room to look cleaner when the bed is made and I really enjoy untucking the sheets before climbing in. I guess it's the neat freak in me. One thing I won't tolerate though is clothes on the floor. If I walked into my bedroom and there were clothes on the floor and the bed was a mess I would seriously freak out.
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    If I walked into my bedroom and there were clothes on the floor and the bed was a mess I would seriously freak out.

You would have a heart attack if you walked into my bedroom then :laugh: :laugh:
  • edryer123
    edryer123 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I do just before bed if my fiance is working because when he gets home at 730am I am getting up to workout. he sleeps til 6 and i go to bed at roughly 11. I hate sheets getting uber twisted around my legs. I feel calmer with a made bed. You can tease if you wish I know I'm weird.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Yeap, I make the bed after we are done with the shower. I just give it an hour or so to cool the sheets. Comforter, pillows, and the whole nine yards. If I don't have time to do it, my husband will because neither of us like to see the bedroom upside down (or the house for that matter), or the bed unmade.

We both like order, but I am a neat freak. Sorry to say that my children didn't inherit those genes....:ohwell:
  • fontaine3b
    Options
    All depends!!!

Also, I too don't have enough cowboys in my life!!! and I mean the rough tough sexy horseriding ones, not the football team, although I do like a nice football player!!! lol

Have a Wonderful Day!! :laugh:
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Can't stand a messy bed. Love to get into nice smooth sheets and blankets at night. Have to make it before I leave for work in the morning or I am not a happy camper. I have actually been known to make the bed around my hubby while he is in it. He humors me, if I have to leave it un made he does it for me (kind of). However, I do leave dishes in the sink overnight I am not a compulsive domestic Goddess.
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Mrs_McFadden Posts: 1,139
    Options
    I forget about the bed as soon as I get out of it. It literally leaves my consciousness...I know I'm strange, but I forget about it until my husband comes home and groans because I didn't make it. The same phenomenon happens to me with my vehicles...I don't remember that I need to get gas until I get back in lol.
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    My wife makes the bed every day.
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I get up, go to the bathroom, check weight and then I have to make the bed...pillows and all. lol
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    a woman after my own heart LOL
  • jltodd99
    jltodd99 Posts: 89
    Options
    NOPE! We may pull the covers up and tidy a bit when we get out, but it takes less than 30 seconds and does not involve smoothing or decorative pillows :)

This is so me!
  • Breckgirl
    Options
    I forget about the bed as soon as I get out of it. It literally leaves my consciousness...I know I'm strange, but I forget about it until my husband comes home and groans because I didn't make it. The same phenomenon happens to me with my vehicles...I don't remember that I need to get gas until I get back in lol.

I run out of gas at least once a year do to blondness!
  • Breckgirl
    Options
    I make my bed everyday! If not and something horrible happens, people will see my messy room. I have OCD issues!!! And by making it, it prevents me from getting back in

OH THANKS! Now I'll have to be paranoiod about dying with my bed unmaded! :laugh: I can see my headstone now...

HERE LIES DEANN
    SHE DIED , HER BED UNMADED, AS USUAL
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Mrs_McFadden Posts: 1,139
    Options

I run out of gas at least once a year do to blondness!

Well, hell, the way you say that I guess I'm just a closet blonde then. I couldn't pull off blonde dye if I had a gun to my head since I'm Asian ...but I have ADHD, so I'm absentminded ..or as my husband calls it I'm a graceful klutz.
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    I don't know. I like when my room is clean and looks nice. I love our little master bedroom <3 I take pride in it. Maybe that's sad, but I enjoy it!!

ETA: We don't really have many bed clothes. A duvet comforter and pillows. That's it.
  • HannahPastoor
    Options
    Nope! I sleep in a loft bed so it would be such a pain! Its bad enough when I change the sheets : ) Plus my bed is under a slanted ceiling so that makes it worse....
  • HannahPastoor
    Options
    If I walked into my bedroom and there were clothes on the floor and the bed was a mess I would seriously freak out.

You would have a heart attack if you walked into my bedroom then :laugh: :laugh:

Mine too!