how do I lose 5 pounds a week??

Options
13»

Replies

• bodybyrick
    Options
    One thing I have learned in my 49 years as a fit person is that focusing on "Weight" is not a good guage of
    how you're doing on your fitness journey. Your weight can varie depending on what time of day, your hormone
    state, what you have eaten, how much salt, etc etc. Muscle is roughly 20% more dense than fat so it is conceivable
    and in fact probable that you can lose fat while gaining weight. And unless I'm mistaken, the major goal for
    most fitness programs includes losing fat to some degree...Yes???
    So, if not the scale then how do I guage my progress? Well, taking pictures every couple weeks is good;
    watch how your close feel; listen to feedback from the people in your life and, probably the best method,
    use a measuring tape.
    Hope this helps.
    Send me a message or Friend request any time.
    In Health,
    Rick
  • mygirl15
    mygirl15 Posts: 16
    Options
    Everyone is probaly going to respond how bad this is. But it works for me and im never hungry. I work out 2 hours a day (lifting, abs, and eliptical with light running) and eat something light for breakfast like fruit ( i cant have dairy but i would suggest yougert....) a CHICKEN ceaser salad (you need to make sure you have protein!!) for lunch and dinner. Drink plenty of water, I treat myself to a diet coke at dinner if i had a good workout....good reward for me since i crave it all the time!!! Ive been doing this for 2 weeks...the first week I lost 16 pounds! (I am quite large tho and have 100 pounds to lose so if you dont have much to lose dont expect a drastic change but i think you will lose 5 easily if you stick to the plan!
  • MMK72
    MMK72 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hey there,

If you want to win the challenge cut to a low salt diet the week before the weigh in.
    (follow the salt guide on MFP - don't go too low or you'll end up with seizures and cerebral oedema in ICU and maybe dying)
    you will lose a lot of water if you started out on a high salt diet.

All you'll lose is water weight but you'll pee it all out for the weigh in!

You'll gain it all back when you go to your regular salt intake.

Spend some time in a sauna morning of - like jockeys or fighters weighing in.

Don't forget to drink water up afterwards though if you're too dehydrated you're at risk of kidney failure.

Or maybe just let someone else win if that sounds too risky for you. How much money is it??

But I think it's great that you're family is trying to do this - everyone improving their health together and changing the culture of your family. Just don't go too silly and don't forget to keep at it once the challenge is over and maintain!