i LOVE skinnytaste.com!! what websites are your faves?

Options

Replies

• Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Bookmarking this. Thanks!
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    BUMP

Hungry-girl!
  • nkswans
    nkswans Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I just found skinnytaste a few weeks ago and love it! Haven't made anything yet, but will. I also really like simplyrecipes.com, its not low-cal recipes but just really good ones. I have made a ton from there.

Recently, I found honeywhatscooking.com and it is so great! She has a lot of reduce-fat, or low-fat recipes including desserts. She also has Indian recipes. I am very excited to try some of them out.
  • time2move
    time2move Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I recently found out about skinnytaste.com through doing a search on the message boards, and it's AMAZING!!!!

The only thing I'm sad about is that I cook just for myself, so I have to wait a couple days before I can try out another entree recipe on her site. ;)

I found SkinnyTaste on this site a few weeks ago. I've made Garlic Lover's Roast Beef, Acorn Squash, Black Bean Soup, Skinny Tuna Noodle Casserole and Pork Carnitas. All were amazing! My husband loved the roast beef, so did my 21 month old son! I have individual portions of the black bean soup and tuna casserole in my freezer for lunches later on. Quite a few recipes of hers can be frozen.
  • dzdame
    dzdame Posts: 89
    Options
    I subscribe to Hungry Girl, but agree that she uses WAY too much processed foods..I am really trying to eat as clean as possible and eliminate most of the processed foods. I have tried a few of her recipes and some have been pretty good..Love to hear about other websites, especially ones that promote clean eating..
  • Limeinthecoconut
    Limeinthecoconut Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    My ABSOLUTE favourite recipe site that I have been using for years is taste.com.au. You can search for recipes with nutritional information, which is a major plus. However, one of the best aspects of it is the reviews that other users give recipes. It is really handy to read about other people's experiences and changes to a recipe before you give it a go yourself.

http://www.taste.com.au/search-recipes/?q=healthy&publication=
  • CatseyeHardcast
    CatseyeHardcast Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • frenchfri87
    frenchfri87 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    www.bodyrock.tv (body weight home workouts)

www.myomytv.com (kettlebell/body weight workouts)

www.bodybuilding.com ( great for everyone, not just bodybuilders. proper form of exercises, supplement info, bodyspace.. )

:flowerforyou:
  • droppin_lbs
    droppin_lbs Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Will have to check these out..Thanks all!
  • jemmie00
    Options
    bethenny.com Bethenny Frankel from the Real Housewives of NY has a bunch of great healthy recipes, even a lot of vegan and vegetarian options! Every recipe I've tried, my two roommates (one growing young man, one vegetarian male) LOVE.
  • brity77
    brity77 Posts: 38
    Options
    bump!!
  • sbusch21
    sbusch21 Posts: 43
    Options
    bump
  • jipper44
    jipper44 Posts: 111
    Options
    thanks for all the websites! i'm a kitchen novice so all the suggestions really help keep some variety and interest in healthy cooking!
  • Brelynn
    Brelynn Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions.
  • lovingbears2
    lovingbears2 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    bump! LOVE skinnytaste.com, and thanks for all the other website ideas!!!:drinker: :heart:
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    101cookbooks.com! lots of fresh, natural, organic ingredients. my fave: black bean brownies (sounds weird, SOOOO GOOD)
  • boobee32
    boobee32 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Great topic - I don't have any to share but an interested to hear what others say.

The only thing I'll say about hungrygirl.com is that I was disapointed with how much processed/packaged food she pushed... it's been a long time since I subscribed to her email so maybe it changed but it didn't seem like she promoted fresh food enough.

totally agree!
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    chocolatecoveredkatie
    ohsheglows