Hoping to stick with it, this time!

Options
Hey everyone. My name is Cat. A few years back I managed to lose about 35-40 pounds with Weight Watchers. It felt amazing. Unfortunately, since then I've picked up a more sedentary life and managed to gain most of the weight back. I've tried other diets- some worked, but it was a pain to stick with them for an extended amount of time.
Recently, I've found the motivation to better myself. I've been using this site for about two weeks now and have managed to shake off 8 pounds already. Yay!!
I'm also a bellydancer - well, I used to be, before I started to hate the sight of myself in my dance gear. I'm trying to use that, along with jogging and the various games I've found for the Kinect system as my exercise.
I could use a few more motivation friends through this whole adventure, though! Wish me luck!

Replies

• mykaar74
    mykaar74 Posts: 253
    Options
    welcome, & congrats on the success so far. looks like you are headed in the right direction. you will find much support & motivation here on MFP. I wish you well on your continued journey into a new lifestyle change.
  • meamom123
    meamom123 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel! I lost weight on Weight Watchers a few years ago (17 pounds). I have a long way to go and came across this site. I hope that we will be able to motivate one another. Congrats on losing 8 pounds in 2 weeks, that is awesome! :smile:
  • kpower1983
    kpower1983 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hi, fellow belly dancer here!

Definitely know how you feel, booked for a gig at the end of the month and got that slightly sick feeling at the thought of putting on the costume again - fed up with that feeling, the other two in my troupe are tiny and I am starting to look out of place!

I'm on the 30 day shred to try to help me feel more confident.

Good luck to you, I have found loads of support on here so we can keep on track!

:flowerforyou:
  • DancingFox
    DancingFox Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm really looking forward to it!! :smile: