1 st day of Slim Fast

lesszmore
lesszmore Posts: 33
edited September 19 in Food and Nutrition
Today i'm starting the slimfast optima eating plan. :drinker: I've been eating outta control the last few wks ( stress related) and needed a lil jump start. So i bought 2 cases ( buy one get one free sale!:smile: ) and brought a bunch of snacks and am armed w/my water bottle.

Breakfast- 8:30am chocolate shake 11:00am activa yogurt ,1pm- french vanilla shake W/ banana and apple 3pm - fiber one bar 6pm dinner.

The new slimfast plan encourages u to eat w/your shake whether its 1/2 sandwich, or apple & string cheese, cottage cheese & fruit etc. So i'm gonna try and commit to 1 wk ( well really 2 but i'm taking it one day at a time), and work out 3-4 days per wk and see how it goes.

I have about 50-60 pds to lose so this is definetly gonna be a journey for me.

Any ideas or tips?? :blushing:

Thxs- Tasha

Replies

• Today i'm starting the slimfast optima eating plan. :drinker: I've been eating outta control the last few wks ( stress related) and needed a lil jump start. So i bought 2 cases ( buy one get one free sale!:smile: ) and brought a bunch of snacks and am armed w/my water bottle.

Breakfast- 8:30am chocolate shake 11:00am activa yogurt ,1pm- french vanilla shake W/ banana and apple 3pm - fiber one bar 6pm dinner.

The new slimfast plan encourages u to eat w/your shake whether its 1/2 sandwich, or apple & string cheese, cottage cheese & fruit etc. So i'm gonna try and commit to 1 wk ( well really 2 but i'm taking it one day at a time), and work out 3-4 days per wk and see how it goes.

I have about 50-60 pds to lose so this is definetly gonna be a journey for me.

Any ideas or tips?? :blushing:

Thxs- Tasha
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Hi Tasha!

I enjoy Slim Fast for breakfast because it is easy for on the go. I also congradulate the company for revising the eating plan and adding in more food to the day along with the drinks. Best of luck!
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member

The new slimfast plan encourages u to eat w/your shake whether its 1/2 sandwich, or apple & string cheese, cottage cheese & fruit etc.

Gee, I wonder why they would do that?

Just being facetious.

Of course good luck. A jump start never hurt anyone. Just make sure you don't rely on it the entire journey through, or that weight will come back.
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Hi Tassha
    Good lluck, I remember when I used slimfast - a few years ago, I was always hungry - I didn't feel satisfied on just a shake - I'm so glad they changed it now - I always felt the need to nibble something as well as have the drink.
    I'd love to do this again, but I became a diabetic a couple of years ago, and I tried a shake a few months later, and my sugar went through the roof, so I imagine it's not a good meal plan me any more :sad:
  • tanzmamma
    tanzmamma Posts: 368 Member
    Those shakes are good (the strawberry ones yum!).

But - I just can't drink my calories, I still end up HUNGRY! I gotta chew em' up!

Good luck!!!
  • Thank u guys...the big test will be lunch... but i have a bunch of fruits so we'll see. maybe tomorrow i'll pair it w/a small side salad or 1/2 sandwich. ..either way it know its better than the gyro and fries i had last wk! :tongue:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Hi Tassha
    Good lluck, I remember when I used slimfast - a few years ago, I was always hungry - I didn't feel satisfied on just a shake - I'm so glad they changed it now - I always felt the need to nibble something as well as have the drink.
    I'd love to do this again, but I became a diabetic a couple of years ago, and I tried a shake a few months later, and my sugar went through the roof, so I imagine it's not a good meal plan me any more :sad:

My sugar goes through the roof any time I have their shakes. I used to have them with my morning worout, but I felt so crappy I couldn't think (or write!!) straight.

I hope this works well for you!:flowerforyou:
  • maybe once i complete these i may just venture into the protein shakes instead... just hard to find a flavor /brand that tastes decent.

..but they do have the high protein and low carb ones now that are a lot less sugar than the original.
  • dmflynt
    dmflynt Posts: 196
    Be careful about supplementing the shakes with the Activia and the fiber bar......all that extra fiber might not be so pleasant if your body isn't used to it!!! :noway:
  • spiralgirl71
    spiralgirl71 Posts: 374 Member
    How did it go yesterday?
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Be careful about supplementing the shakes with the Activia and the fiber bar......all that extra fiber might not be so pleasant if your body isn't used to it!!! :noway:

I was going to say the same thing. Activia alone put me on a roller coaster ride to the bathroom. :sick:

My hubby calls them slim slow. I would buy them, use them for breakfast because I am on the go.
    I thought he was referring to my lack of weight loss, but then I caught him drinking his 'milkshake' with his double quarter pounder with cheese and hugamoungous order of fries!:laugh: :laugh:

When I started this program I also used a few tricks to get me off the road I was on (ya know, junk food avenue!) I then read up on these boards and learned a LOT about healthy eating.

Once my body detoxed from the crap, I was then able to implement more fruits, veggies and whole foods. You should have seen me choking down my 1st strawberry or peach, it had been so long since I had fresh fruit.

Products like slim fast are good for a short time, but loaded with sugar and chemicals,and you cant do that forever.

I also see a little guy in your pictures.

I am the mother of 3 and I would give anything to go back 25 years and start over. My kids all went thru an obese stage and I now realize I had it in my power to make a difference. I was in control and I chose to let them have potato chips with their bologna sandwich instead of carrots sticks with their whole wheat turkey!! They only knew what I had taught them.

Good luck, I know you can do it! and WELCOME!:flowerforyou:
  • I started on Slim Fast. It worked pretty good to curb my appitite. After my belly got used to not eating a TON of food I slowly stopped using Slim Fast and went to just drinking protein shake. When I first started mixing the protein shakes I would use milk now I am down to just mixing it with water so I won't have the extra calories.

The best tasting protein I have found is Ons Gold Standard. It is about $60 for a huge jug of it.
  • thank guys!!:bigsmile:

Marisa- yeah i just want to use it for a lil while to get me on the right track. hmm gonna have to look up that one Ons Gold Standard.

arewethereyet- LOL that is too funny slim down huh! Ok i promise not to use to too long... i just was having a never ending battle w/mickey d's and chocolate cake. BTW luv u're screen name!

dmflynt- ohhh i never thought about all that fiber... w/the fiber one bars AND activa...maybe i should use one of each per day... TMI but i was pretty reg yesterday, now i why.

Ok so yesterday went really well! I was pleasently surprised that i made it through lunch w/noi problem I thought i'd miss eating with the gang. I had my shake (vanilla was pretty good) with a banana and some water @ 1pm and was good. Around 3pm i got hungry ( or nibblish) and had 1/2 fiber one bar and some more water. For dinner was at my inlaws and had about 3/4 c of chicken pasta salad and 1 hot sausage and ton of water. Late that night somehow 2 chocolate chip cookies made way into my mouth :mad: ..it's like i dont even notice i'm eating, i wasnt hungry, it was just in front of me and soo automatic. We'll i've since rid the house of cookie ( ODS took the last bit to school today). So ... so far soo good. On to day 2!

~Tasha
  • Fab140
    thank guys!!:bigsmile:

Marisa- yeah i just want to use it for a lil while to get me on the right track. hmm gonna have to look up that one Ons Gold Standard.

arewethereyet- LOL that is too funny slim down huh! Ok i promise not to use to too long... i just was having a never ending battle w/mickey d's and chocolate cake. BTW luv u're screen name!

dmflynt- ohhh i never thought about all that fiber... w/the fiber one bars AND activa...maybe i should use one of each per day... TMI but i was pretty reg yesterday, now i why.

Ok so yesterday went really well! I was pleasently surprised that i made it through lunch w/noi problem I thought i'd miss eating with the gang. I had my shake (vanilla was pretty good) with a banana and some water @ 1pm and was good. Around 3pm i got hungry ( or nibblish) and had 1/2 fiber one bar and some more water. For dinner was at my inlaws and had about 3/4 c of chicken pasta salad and 1 hot sausage and ton of water. Late that night somehow 2 chocolate chip cookies made way into my mouth :mad: ..it's like i dont even notice i'm eating, i wasnt hungry, it was just in front of me and soo automatic. We'll i've since rid the house of cookie ( ODS took the last bit to school today). So ... so far soo good. On to day 2!

~Tasha

:flowerforyou:
    Yay for you!!!
  • Ohh whats really good is blending a vanilla shake with a bananna and some ice. it makes a yummy smoothie. Or the chocolate with strawberries....YUMMY
  • oh i definetly am gonna try that!

So far so good, and the scales is looking pretty good so far. I dont miss eating since i have various healthy snacks throughout the day and i still eat a well balanced dinner. Yahoo! :smile:
  • Fab140
    oh i definetly am gonna try that!

So far so good, and the scales is looking pretty good so far. I dont miss eating since i have various healthy snacks throughout the day and i still eat a well balanced dinner. Yahoo! :smile:

No "sugar shakes" going on? That's very awesome!!
This discussion has been closed.