Unrealistic

Options
Is my goal unrealistic??
Current weight 165
Goal Weight 155

I'm 5'10 and very fit and active.

I've been 165 for about 6-7 years. Maybe that's my normal weight where I need to be??

Replies

• areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    Is my goal unrealistic??
    Current weight 165
    Goal Weight 155

I've been 165 for about 6-7 years. Maybe that's my normal weight where I need to be??
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    You may want to have a body mass test to see if there is any room for improvement.

Also, if you don't mind me asking, what is your BMI currently? I can't imagine it would call you over weight.
  • Fab140
    Options
    http://www.halls.md/ideal-weight/body.htm

An "idealic weight" calculator. I have also posted on a previous subject about a month or two ago with links to topics about ideal body image and healthy body image....I will try to find them for you, I think it will help!

:flowerforyou:
  • Fab140
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23871-losing-it-because-i-am-gaining?hl=ideal+weight&page=1#posts-217439

There!! heheh...I knew I would find it. It's aimed at women, but I feel that it would be beneficial to men as well.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Is my goal unrealistic??
    Current weight 165
    Goal Weight 155

Depends. I know I carry a lot of junk in da truck, if you know what I mean, so I always weigh more than "normal weight" for my size.:laugh: Curves baby, curves!

Are you comfortable at that weight? I hear the last 10 are the hardest to lose!
  • areay
    Options
    My body fat scale at home says 15%. The online BMI's say around 23.
  • areay
    Options
    Yeah, I have the perfect hips for giving birth:laugh: :laugh: Maybe it's just an off day!
  • jenn10
    jenn10 Posts: 161
    Options
    I went to the website and did my "realistic" weight and NO I don't agree with it -- it said 155! I want to be 130

I am 5' 8" and yes I have been 130 before without looking too thin-- so I was thinking that maybe these goal wieght calculators are alittle off-- 155 I would still be like a size 10 - and no that doesn't work for me. I think you should go for it but if you start to hear people saying you need to eat something then you might have gone too far!
  • LAPETITERUSE
    Options
    Is my goal unrealistic??
    Current weight 165
    Goal Weight 155

I would say it depends on your body fat %. If you're very athletic, then your body fat should be between 20-25% which is right where you should be. I'm 5'9 and when I was 160 I was like 22%, so with your extra inch of height, I'd say you're right where you should be as far as weight is concerned.

~Lynn
  • areay
    Options
    thanks!
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I went to the site and it said I should weigh 139 seeing as I am 5'4" and since I weigh 166 I guess I have along way to go. I was shooting for 150 guess I will have to rethink the goal. I haven't been doing to good lately. So back on track. The exercise is hard for me, I had a back that gave me problems last year and this year it seems like a hip is giving me problems. I'm trying to work into walking again slowly. Do you think this site gives realistic numbers? Because I think I would look skeletal at 139.
  • Fab140
    Options
    I went to the site and it said I should weigh 139 seeing as I am 5'4" and since I weigh 166 I guess I have along way to go. I was shooting for 150 guess I will have to rethink the goal. I haven't been doing to good lately. So back on track. The exercise is hard for me, I had a back that gave me problems last year and this year it seems like a hip is giving me problems. I'm trying to work into walking again slowly. Do you think this site gives realistic numbers? Because I think I would look skeletal at 139.

That website is more for an idea, not set in stone. If you're happy at 166, and you feel healthy and can maintane 166, I would stay. The links I posted were to help with "body image" and that silly ideal weight being set far too low.

:flowerforyou: