Favorite 100(ish) calorie snacks?

Options
DiHappy
DiHappy Posts: 11 Member
I've been on MFP for a week now and am learning so much from you all, thank you! :)

What are some of your favorite "snacks"? I don't care what time of day or style of snacking you use, just trying to get creative.

Today I stumbled upon a delicious idea:
Dip skinless chicken drumsticks in skim milk, then bread and bake at 375 for 45 minutes. I made a bunch so I can have 2 a day.

Panko Bread Crumbs, 1/8 cup (28)
Chicken Leg Without Skin (76) =
104 calories of goodness, so crispy!

*I didn't count the milk calories but I guess it would be about 5? I don't know...it's a quick dip.

I'm only concentrating on calories right now, don't want to get too crazy stressed about all amounts of everything else. I just quit smoking this month, too.

Replies

• amandanatal
    Options
    My favorite (100)ish calorie snacks are:

- Progresso chicken soups - they range from 80-100 calories per cup
    - Lucky Charms cereal - 110 calories for 3/4 cup
    - Pops Chips - 120 calories for 23 chips
    - Ka Pop Mini Popcorn Bags - 50 calories per bag
    - Kirkland Signature sliced oven roasted turkey - 60 calories for 2 slices
    - Wonder SmartBread Wheat - 100 calories for 2 slices
    - Mr. Salty 100 calorie chocolate covered pretzels - 100 calories per snack bag
    - Healthy Choice chocolate fudge ice cream bars - 100 calories per bar

Hope this helped! ;o) Good luck!!
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Good plan with focusing on cals first. I did that, too for the first two months and lost 17 lbs. Now that I am comfortable with the cals, I am working on eating healthier and hitting my nutrition goals. I track fat, carbs, protein, sodium and sugar and I'm excited to start learning and tweaking those numbers. Good timing, too because I lost 0 lbs. last week.

To answer your question, I found this list of 100-calorie snacks on WebMD:

1. Half an apple with 2 teaspoons of peanut butter
    2. An orange and a few dry-roasted nuts
    3. 10 cashew nuts
    4. 10 almonds
    5. 2 ounces of lean roast beef
    6. Half a small avocado
    7. 3 ounces cooked whole-grain noodles with 1 fresh tomato and 1/2 ounce hard cheese
    8. 1 seven-grain Belgian waffle
    9. 4 mini rice cakes with 2 tablespoons low-fat cottage cheese
    10. 3 ounces low-fat cottage cheese and 3 whole-wheat crackers
    11. 1/4 cup fat-free ranch dressing with mixed raw veggies
    12. 6 Wheat Thins crackers with two teaspoons of peanut butter (or any nut butter)
    13. 1 small baked potato with 1/2 cup salsa and 2 tablespoons of fat-free sour cream
    14. 1/3 cup of unsweetened applesauce with 1 slice of whole-wheat toast, cut into 4 strips for dunking
    15. 1/2 cup frozen orange juice, eaten as sorbet
    16. 2 large graham cracker squares with 1 teaspoon peanut butter
    17. 3 handfuls of unbuttered popcorn, seasoned with herbs
    18. 4-6 ounces of no-fat or low-fat yogurt
    19. A 5-ounce tossed salad with lettuce, tomato, cucumber and 1/4 cup fat-free dressing
    20. Half a "finger" of string cheese with 4 whole-wheat crackers

Source: http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/guide/best-100-calorie-snacks
  • 123nikki123
    123nikki123 Posts: 527
    Options
    1% Cottage Cheese or low calorie vanilla yogurt with strawberries and blueberries...YUMMY!
  • time2runnn
    time2runnn Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Some that I like that come to mind are:

12 bite size tortilla chips and 2T salsa (85 cal)

Medium sized apple sliced and dipped in 1/3 c lowfat vanilla yogurt (100 cal)

1 medium tomato with 1 lite mozzarella string cheese sliced drizzled with balsamic vinegar (100 cal)

Emerald Cocoa Roast Almonds 100 cal pk (these are my on the go snack)
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    My favorite is 100 calorie kettle korn microwave bags.
    Healthiest is probably an Apple. I eat a lot of both, they keep me full and get me through my 3:00 munchie attack :)

And great job quitting smoking! I know how hard it is!
  • Hotbysummer
    Options
    i haven't craved potato chips for a looooooong time, but at subway today i saw LAYS lightfat free potato chips! 75 calories for a personal bag, and they are AMAZING!
  • tamaracorine
    Options
    Yogurt. A low fat small tub of it. Filling and yummy and sweet!
  • jessalice66
    jessalice66 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    • 25g pretzels (i like salted, but there's sour cream and chive which are amazing too)
    • 1 fat free activia snackpot
    • a small pot of muesli (probably adds up to less than 100 cals but whatever)

hope i helped!!
  • monkeyboy881
    Options
    my favorite is half a cup of greek yogurt with a tbl spoon of honey this is no joke better than ice cream a serving of greek yogurt is one cup and has 20 g of protein
  • westcoastSW
    westcoastSW Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    weight watchers' dark chocolate rasberry ice cream bar!
  • jltdinga
    jltdinga Posts: 3
    Options
    [/quote]

"I'm only concentrating on calories right now, don't want to get too crazy stressed about all amounts of everything else. I just quit smoking this month, too."
    [/quote]

How did you quit smoking, I can't seem to kick it? Dieting, quitting smoking, and adding more exercise is a hard trio to accomplish.
  • californiagramma
    Options
    That is a great list of snacks, thanks.
  • mkcalderon
    Options
    Either a handful of Whole Natural Almonds without salt

or

Oikos Greek Yogurt with Blueberry! YUM!
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • DiHappy
    DiHappy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    for jltdinga:

I am by no means, a health nut so some would probably hate my quitting method however:
    Choose a date and stick with it. You will always have stress, it's never the right time, just do it on the day you say you will. I found having way too many cocktails out with hubby and friends the night before made it that much easier to quit the next day because I felt like crap anyway.

I started with the highest patch level after 1 cigarette the morning of my quit date (needed that last goodbye). I remove my patch at night because the dreams are CRAZY! if you're into that sort of thing, have fun but I didn't sleep well at all and felt way too anxious every morning .

Cleaned out my car top to bottom, and got a "smoke-eater" air freshener.

Cut out my morning coffee routine which used to be an hour of coffee and smoking on the patio. Instead, I drink Arizona diet iced tea or something with caffiene that doesn't trigger the coffee routine.

Used 3-4 pieces of Nicorette throughout the day for the first week when the urge REALLY had a moment with me (store brand knock-off is much cheaper)

Popped a low-dose xanax every morning for the first few days.

Ate 5-6 pickles spears a day, yes the sodium is intense but whatever. Endless carrot sticks, celery with low cal cream cheese & paprika, hard boiled eggs, wheat thins, all things snacky.

Walked my dogs an extra half hour a night.

And the saddest part, I cut out wine for the first couple of weeks. That was tough, but again- a trigger.

So bottom line...Stick to a quit date, Know your triggers, Stock up on healthy snacks, Exercise. Do whatever it takes and don't let anyone judge your method.

Haven't had a smoke in 30 days and barely miss it.

I am putting $35 a week (what I would be spending on smokes) in the bank for my wedding on November 5, 2011. That's $1400 extra dollars.

Here is a great list of pros and cons that inspired me as well: http://quitsmoking.about.com/cs/nicotinelozenges/a/zoeslist.htm

Hope that helps, write me any time! It is do-able!!!! If you find yourself wanting more calories (totally natural) don't beat yourself up. You are quitting a habit far worse than extra snacking for a couple of weeks.
  • polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    Options

"I'm only concentrating on calories right now, don't want to get too crazy stressed about all amounts of everything else. I just quit smoking this month, too."
    [/quote]

How did you quit smoking, I can't seem to kick it? Dieting, quitting smoking, and adding more exercise is a hard trio to accomplish.
    [/quote]

I quit smoking recently also (September of 2010)...It was the hardest thing I have ever done...

The message boards over at quitsmokingmessageboard are amazing and soooo supportive..

I highly recommend starting there.

http://www.quitsmokingmessageboard.com/