And I am off....

Options
.... here we go, I have been on here before and have lost about 10lbs since November last year. My name is Stu and I am from Southampton...

I made a drunken bet to run a marathon in September, so the training starts now. I will be arriving at my target weight of 13 stone by March 15th... I am currently 14 stone 7 so intend on losing 3lbs a week. Once at my target weight I will start building on my cardio fitness.

Training - 6 days comprising weekly of:

1 x Football Match ( 90 minutes )
1 x Squash Match ( 40 minutes )
2 x Cardio sessions in the gym.
2 x Weight sessions in the gym.

Sounds easy enough eh? lol.... ahhh well... here we go. 21lbs to go!

Replies

• stujones2000
    Options
    Going well! Now 189lbs. I've turned into a right fitness freak! Exercising every day, lots of road running and hardly any beer! Hopefully I will reach my goal or be close to it in the next 2 weeks. Going to have a final push for the next 2 weeks. Having lost 18lbs in 6 weeks I am looking like getting close to my target by 15th of this month.

I hope this is now a lifestyle change as opposed to a fad. :-)
  • maykay89
    maykay89 Posts: 9
    Options
    Good job! Good luck!
  • westcoastSW
    westcoastSW Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    my favorite part is that you made a drunken bet to run a marathon and now you're sticking with it! haha, that's awesome :) good luck!
  • stujones2000
    Options
    When money is involved I am quite a focused person, and I am super competitive, so this is certainly being used to spur me on.

I have found some sort of sick thrill in challenging myself and doing stupid things. The last one was getting on a train with no money, no phone or anything, and getting off the train 10 miles from my home... no option to run back then!

As an ex-member of the British forces, I used to be super-fit... to start feeling fit again is a new lease of life, definately acts as motivation.

Also, I advise anyone to Google and read up on " The Law of Attraction " - Decide what you want and figure out how you are going to get there, one of mine was to run a marathon this year, and another one is to look ripped when I go off to Spain with the lads at the end of May for a Stag do.

It is safe to say that my friends who made the bet after far too many beers in the pub one night, are now starting to regret ever doubting it. Hopefully I'll raise some much needed cash for British forces charities along the way.
  • Ali04m
    Ali04m Posts: 7
    Options
    Good luck to you on your journey, I can only dream of running even a 5k just now..... I know the feeling about previously being fit, I was there as well - 1dan in Martial Arts etc etc and then got an injury and every thing went out the window... I will get back to the fitness level I had before someday..............

A