100 Hundred Pushups Sept 1st

Options

Replies

• mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    I hate Bob push ups!!!! :explode: I can hardly do one! For one I'm just not that flexible and I have a hard time bending over. I guess because of my stomach pudge. :laugh: But I admit they do what they are suppose to. You did 3 sets of 12 of those Viv? Ugh!
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Ah yes, I hate those, too. Jillian calls them 'walking pushups' on level 2 of the 30-day Shred. They hurt my shoulder.

So, I did my end of week 4 test this morning, and I managed 25 pushups. 5 more than last week, but I'll be repeating week 4. This time I should be able to do level 2 (the middle column), though. I will be printing off the new program at work today and will probably start tonight.

FatDancer, LavenderSunday - you guys still with us?
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Alright Cp! 25 push ups in a row! Very nice!!! :happy:

Well, I can tell you right now I will be repeating week 6. :laugh: Day 1 level 1. All I can say is OW! I took the 60 seconds between the first 4 levels and then a 2 minute break before the last one (min. 40). This is the new plan. There is no way I would have been able to accomplish the old plan. I'm glad he changed it! I did 130 push ups in about 7-8 minutes! I am going to try not to be too hard on myself if I blow it on Wednesday and Friday. This is not an easy week. I will make it through though!!!
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Mornin'

Week 2 - Day 1 again:

1 - 4
    2 - 6
    3 - 4
    4 - 4
    5 - 7

Hope to progress this week...even though my progress is slow, I'm building a good foundation...remember, I'm 51 and this is the 1st time in my life that I've worked on correct form pushups...my wrists are still kindof weak, have tried it from my fists, but that doesn't work for me at present, my wrists could buckle and I am very protective of my bones.

I'm really happy to read about everyone's progress!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody!

Week 1, Day 1:
    Set 1: 10
    Set 2: 12
    Set 3: 7
    Set 4: 7
    Set 5 (max): 10 (and collapsing, saying naughty words. . .)

Thanks for letting me join.:flowerforyou:
  • barefootbabe
    barefootbabe Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Wow, this week was hard!

Week 4, day one, level 3.

min 32

I wanted to cry!
  • cp005e
    Options
    Holy cow, that was hard! I am doing week 4 again, but I decided to try the middle column this time instead of the left column. Ouch. (I also did the 'new' plan instead of the original.)

Week 4-day 1-level 2:
    21 (min was 25 :frown: )

FatDancer, you are doing just fine. 7 in a row! I remember when you could only do 1-2. That's awesome! :happy: Another thing I have heard of people with wrist problems doing is to grip a set of hand weights and do your pushups on the weights that way.
  • themetra
    themetra Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Before I went to basic training (13 yrs ago) to build up my push-up endurance, i would take a deck of cards, and flip the top card, if it was a 6, i did 6 push ups, if it was an ace, i did 1... face cards are worth 10, and before i knew it I was flying through them! Now... I'm lucky to do 10!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Well Thanks. I keep seeing this thread, and fell like jeez i am OUT of THAT club! Cant do 1 pushup.
    So I post a funny about trying 1 and taking a nap, right there.

Well I am up to 3 x 5 push ups a day now!

I started on the wall ( per my LPT) and now am doing girly push ups on the floor.

So, you really can do ANYTHING you set your mind to do.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Well Thanks. I keep seeing this thread, and fell like jeez i am OUT of THAT club! Cant do 1 pushup.

I started on the wall ( per my LPT) and now am doing girly push ups on the floor.

That's awesome! Most of us had to start out on our knees too. One of these days you will surprise yourself and you will be able to do full push ups, if you really want to. Congrats on your success! It may not sound like much to you but that's a big deal if you aren't falling asleep on the floor any more! :laugh: Way to go!
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Set 5 (max): 10 (and collapsing, saying naughty words. . .)
    Ha ha! Vivia, you're so funny!:laugh: You're doing great!

CP, Fat Dancer, and Barefoot, you all are doing really awesome. I'm sure glad someone introduced us to the program. I'm enjoying it (when I don't have to do them! :laugh: )! It's neat to watch each of you progress each week.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

That's awesome! Most of us had to start out on our knees too. One of these days you will surprise yourself and you will be able to do full push ups, if you really want to. Congrats on your success! It may not sound like much to you but that's a big deal if you aren't falling asleep on the floor any more! :laugh: Way to go!

thanks mom, I do feel like I have accomplished something. I think I can, I think I can....
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Well, shoot. I was unable to properly do day 2. Maybe I shouldn't have even done it this morning becasue my wrist was hurting and I had a slight pain in my back. My wrist was the only thing that bothered me though while doing it. I just didn't have the steam to get through the last set without stopping twice for about 3-5 seconds! I'm a little irritated. On one short break I even got to my knees. :noway: Needless to say I will be redoing this week next week. :ohwell:
  • cp005e
    Options
    Wow, level 2 (or "the middle column") is much tougher than the first column! I did not make it through the last set, even though I rested for almost 3 minutes (instead of 1.5). But, I just did 108 pushups! :noway:

Week 4, day 2, level 2:
    23 (minimum was 30 :frown:)

I am shaking!
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    OK, that last set is officially a killer.

Week one, day two:

1-12 (I got confused. . .it was supposed to be 10)
    2-12
    3-8
    4-8
    5-12

Now, it's off to the gym for some cardio and other weights. :flowerforyou:
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Hey Everybody! Great Progress to all!

Week 2 - Day 2
    1 - 5
    2 - 6
    3 - 4
    4 - 4
    5 - 7

I was weak, even after 2 recovery days...I plan to stay at Week 2 for more than a week, till my wrists are stronger and that last set is not such a killer.
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Hey fat dancer! Good to see you again! Just take your time. What I like about this challenge is that we are all on different levels...it's not a race. It's just so awesome to see everyone making progress every week!
    I think we should start a new post on the 1st wouldn't you all agree? Hundred Push ups October? WE should keep this challenge open for any new people that want to join.
    I was going to say I finished week 6, but I didn't really finish. I really struggled this week. It's not easy at all! When I looked at this week back when I started, I wondered if I would even make it that far. I did, but I will be redoing it for probably a couple of weeks! I did day one with out many problems. Day two I struggled. Today, I just couldn't finish.
    1&2:13
    3&4:17
    5&6:16
    7&8:14
    9:40 (min 50) I totally compromised on the last 4.
    I was going to test this weekend to see how many I can do but after a week like that I think I am just going to go back to day one on Monday after getting a couple of days of rest. Maybe I will be able to finish next week.
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Hello Pups,

I am delighted to see some of you continuing to work toward the goal of 100 pushups!

Yes...I have been away...for good reason though. I would like to continue posting toward this goal.

For each of us I suspect there are many reasons why finding success in being healthy is so very

important. How fortunate are we that we can challenge ourselves in this way?! :bigsmile:

Do you believe that doing this specific challenge is affecting your life in a positive way? Please share

your thoughts about this. To me this challenge is alot more than just pushups...it is about identifying

and shoring up my greatest weakness. My experience is not just physical... but improved focus,

purpose, and accomplishment in other areas of my life. Does this challenge fuel your self esteem?

~Namaste :flowerforyou:
    Mi
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    I've only been doing it for a week,

but. . .it really is a concrete reminder that I am stronger than I once was. . .more than almost any other exercise I do. There is no arguing with the honesty of a push-up. At one point I could barely do one "real" push-up, and now I'm doing 50+ in a day (not in a row. . .but still). I'm finding it very empowering.:flowerforyou:
  • cp005e
    Options
    OK! I just finished week 4 (for the second time), and am feeling more confident that I'll be able to move on to week 5 next week. I'll give myself a couple of days rest and then give the test another shot.

I accidentally did the old plan today instead of the new one. Interestingly, I think day 3 would have been harder in the new plan than it was in the old plan - but at least I was able to finish!

Week 4, day 3, level 2:
    25 (new plan would have been 23)
    19 (new plan would have been 28)
    19 (new plan would have been 23)
    17 (new plan would have been 23)
    25 (minimum 24) (new plan would have been 33)

I look forward to doing the week 4 exhaustion test and seeing how far I have managed to progress in a week. If I have to repeat again - then, darn it, that's what I'll do.

Lavender - yes, definitely, this challenge has fuled my self-esteem. Like Vivia said, there's something about push-ups that just feels bad-*kitten*. Hardcore. I never thought of myself as weak, or "girly", but I also never thought that I'd be able to 100+ pushups in one day. Seriously?? I feel awesome. I used to only be able to do 1. How cool is that?

Mel - I agree, let's start up a new post for October. Week 6 is hard core, I wouldn't feel bad about repeating at all. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if I repeat week 6 two or three times. You just did 160 freakin' pushups!!!! :noway: As far as I'm concerned, you're a rock star. :love:

P.S. My husband wants you to know that he thinks 160 push-ups is totally hot. :laugh: