Rant..... Behavior on the boards..

Options
Still_Sossy
Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
I am probably going to get slammed for this but, why do people have to be so nasty? Is it that they have a keyboard and no boundries combined with the fact that they are most likely unknown? Yesterday during the day there were 3 seperate threads (that I noticed) that the OP get slapped left and right verbally for their questions, and one super person on my friends list had someone go off on her blog. I have had someone pm me about my food diary and eating the same thing for breakfast everyday and how this could potentially kill me!!! What is wrong with people, if you do not like something, is it so hard to just pass the thread by and look for something that suits you, your personality and or your mood? There are so many posts about so many things why focus on the one that ticks you off? This website is a great place and people come here to make friends, get healthy, have some fun, and get support. When people start abusing each other, members are going to leave. You never know what kind of valuable input a member may have. I really think judging someone is dangerous as we are all not perfect. We can create a post and misphrase something or not make ourselves clear enough, the possibilities are endless for misinterpretation. Ok, I am done. And I really do wish you all have a beautiful day! Let's support each pther out there! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Mrs_McFadden
    Mrs_McFadden Posts: 1,139
    Options
    Love you saucy :)

Some people just have nothing better to do than truly spread around their mean spirited influence. I love humor and I'm mostly very light hearted about how I play around in these boards. I'd hope that someone send me a PM directly if they take issue with anything that I say- otherwise -grow up-!!!
  • carolinegeorgia
    Options
    totally agree, after all we're all here for the same thing.... ;-)
  • Charrisse
    Charrisse Posts: 163
    Options
    LOL eating the same thing for breakfast every day can kill you? Well dang, thats a new one!

I think it just like what you said, people are hidden behind PC's and dont feel they have to be accountable for what they say. Working with the public has made me open my eyes to that there are entitled, nasty, just generally mean, unhappy people out there and they 1) will ALWAYS complain, 2) will NEVER be happy no matter how hard you try and 3) will always try to drag you down with them, to their own misery and private hell.

I stressed them for a long time, always trying to make them happy - it was my GAOL to please them (specifically 1 person who I work for..) Well, its impossible and nearly drove me to a straight jacket.

Do YOUR best and Ignore em.

Love ya Sos!!
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    I agree 115%!!!!!!! People can be so nasty and rude and I bet in real life they'd never even open their mouths. ONE they are probably trying to convince themselves that they are right, because they themselves don't have a clue and TWO--- The common old saying, misery LOVES company.

So be it. People are rude and nasty. Let it roll like water off a ducka$$ BUT what DOES bother me is that we can't have fun on threads!!! The OP kicks us out for getting a tad Rowdy/Naughty. We are having a good time. Good Times with Good Friends. I mean Isn't that the point of making this like facebook? I mean they wanted a community setting, right? If not then It would simply be a calorie log. That's The part that I don't understand!
  • mrscjwilson
    mrscjwilson Posts: 252
    Options
    OMG....I just said something like this on my page! Its soooo ridiculous....maybe these people dont have power or prestige in there personal lives so they take the opportunity to push there weight around (pun intended) while hiding behind a computer to verbally attack people they dont know personally!
    Over opinionated, powerless, weak bully! Its soooo rude!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I agree to a point. But sometimes people post and answer questions with incorrect info. Many users try to make sure the OP is getting the correct answer, but they may go about it the wrong way. I myself don't want to see new users get steered wrong due to the info being told to them. Most of the posters post out of concern for others, whether they are right or wrong.
  • oneIT
    oneIT Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I think it has to do more with how strongly people believe in something and they think they are doing you a favor or other people by letting them know. On the other hand, some people are just crazy and inconsiderate.
  • jeeping_mom
    Options
    Wow, I hadn't seen any nastiness on here. That really sucks. Reason why I left cafemom... other moms were SO mean there. Hopefully they don't find me - I'm pretty opinionated in my blogs. lol :laugh:
  • etherah
    etherah Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I agree completely. I've stopped hanging out on the message boards as much because I can't stand reading some people's negative comments. Let's keep the comments positive with only constructive criticism folks!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Well said!!!!!!:heart::heart: :heart:
  • FORKDOWN
    FORKDOWN Posts: 1,754
    Options
    I agree. Just let a thread go if you dont agree or disagree with facts so not to offend.
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,342 Member
    Options
    Well said! Can't we all just get along?!?!?
  • cccathyyy
    cccathyyy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Totally agree!
  • Still_Sossy
    Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I also want to clarify one thing I am not talking about offering an opinion a different point of view or just not agreeing with something I am talking about deliberate, mean, nasty, hurtful replys.
  • Samana06
    Samana06 Posts: 107
    Options
    I'm in agreement ... if you don't like what I'M doing get over it and move on. If you have an opinion state it ... in a polite way and I'll do with it what I do with everything ... consider it ... either take it for what it's worth and use it ... or totally disregard it! It's my life (yours too) and if you want to eat frosted flakes every morning for breakfast ... so what?
  • nikkiiheat
    Options
    This is mostly why I don't even really look at most of the blogs. It's just not fair to those who are looking for support, and instead get beaten down. And, I'm the type to defend others, whether I know them or not, and I just really don't have the time to fight with someone online. It doesnt' shock me that people are like that, nothing shocks me anymore. But, it is truley heartbreaking for the ones who are looking for support, and that's what they get, a kick in the face.
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Mrs_McFadden Posts: 1,139
    Options
    Wow, I hadn't seen any nastiness on here. That really sucks. Reason why I left cafemom... other moms were SO mean there. Hopefully they don't find me - I'm pretty opinionated in my blogs. lol :laugh:

IMO I've found women to be the worst. (I deleted my account on Babycenter...the horror!)

I dislike, most of all, how people attack in blogs.
  • MagickalMelba
    Options
    I completely agree...Of course people want to make sure someone has the right information, but there is a form of 'netiquette' that should be followed...the beauty of online chatting is you can re-read your post before you send it, and change anything that sounds nasty...

But then again, some people are just nasty in what they say :(

xxx
  • FORKDOWN
    FORKDOWN Posts: 1,754
    Options
    Speaking of people critizing peoples food diaries, I noticed several people complain of thiss. Makes me wonder if there people here to push a health plan or product sometimes. I have seen at least 2 I can think of who look like they are here to promote.
  • carolyne2
    carolyne2 Posts: 109
    Options
    We are all on the same side and working towards similar goals, to be slimmer, fitter and healthier. I agree we should all be supportive and help each other, BUT,..............If peeps want to disagree with something or offer advice, maybe just think a little about how its voiced before posting. It may help alleviate a little tension.