Rant..... Behavior on the boards..

Options

Replies

• eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I think the reason some ppl go off on others is that they're frustrated with them. Or just bullheaded lol I know I struggle with one's member's posts (I am not friends with them) because they are constantly making negative & woe-is-me & "why isn't this working I'm doing everything right" comments but will never make her Food Diary public (or even give us the password). I can't speak for everybody's "mean" comments, but I know my sarcastic/passive-aggressive comments on this one member's posts are out of frustration-she won't do anything to help herself but continues to complain!

I'm really a helpful poster :) But sometimes one person rubs another the wrong way lol

*I'm not condoning these other ppl's actions, I don't know how mean they are being. I'm just stating something about myself, and maybe this is true of others.*
  • nikkiiheat
    Options
    Well, there's a nice way to put just about everything, like. add a lol, or hehe. or something to kind of let them know that you're being friendly, not nasty.
  • HawkeyeGuy
    HawkeyeGuy Posts: 183
    Options
    Now, Sassy...if you're referring to my discussions, let me explain my viewpoint. I don't tend to attack a point of view unless it is put out there not as question, but as a statement of fact. So many people work so hard to get where they want to be, then they are lead astray by what may be good intentions, but bad ideas. If people want to explore something logically and hear both sides of something, that's fine, and what I enjoy doing (sorry law school did that to me). But, if someone puts something blatantly damaging to people's success in terms that state it as fact, I will let my aggression come out. I'd rather sacrifice one person's feelings for the good of many.

I do admit, I occasionally take my sarcasm a bit too far...and that is something I need to work on, but it can get the point across well sometimes. Still love me?

Signed,

Your Favorite Hard-*kitten*, Tell-it-like-it-is Friend
  • qtwells82
    qtwells82 Posts: 352
    Options
    Well said girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :heart: ya!
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Speaking of people critizing peoples food diaries, I noticed several people complain of thiss. Makes me wonder if there people here to push a health plan or product sometimes. I have seen at least 2 I can think of who look like they are here to promote.

Of course there are ppl on here promoting stuff! They're hard to catch tho. When they are found out I'm pretty sure the guy who runs MFP deletes their accounts or something like that.
  • nikkiiheat
    Options
    I think it has to do more with how strongly people believe in something and they think they are doing you a favor or other people by letting them know. On the other hand, some people are just crazy and inconsiderate.

Well, there's a nice way to put just about everything, like. add a lol, or hehe. or something to kind of let them know that you're being friendly, not nasty. Know what I mean?
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    :explode: I'm a tickin' time bomb to go off someday soon...! :tongue:

Haha! Somedays I read the forums and just sit back and LOL at times :laugh:

Like any other site on the internet...you'll have your bashers etc...
  • shannieboo
    shannieboo Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Some people get off on it, its like their drug. Dont feed them. you are the better person.
  • anbegley
    anbegley Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Well said and Thank you. You are so right, sometimes what we type does not come off as clear as we think it does.
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I had that same problem, yesterday. People can be so mean on here just for asking a question or just because you do something different from them (in my case, both)! What ever happened to there being no such thing a dumb question? Isn't everyone entitled to a little understanding? If you don't like a question being asked or don't like another's opinion or the way they do things MOVE ON! There are plenty of other's on here that share YOUR view. Go hang out with them!
  • HawkeyeGuy
    Options
    I'm with you...there are a couple people who I have been on the verge of calling out. Their unwaivering support for certain diets (HCG), is jokingly intense. If they're not making money from it, I'd be amazed.
    Speaking of people critizing peoples food diaries, I noticed several people complain of thiss. Makes me wonder if there people here to push a health plan or product sometimes. I have seen at least 2 I can think of who look like they are here to promote.
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it can be hard to decipher the tone of the written word. However out-&-out nastiness is completely unnecessary - they should go & ***** elsewhere:angry: We all have a common goal - let's all work together to get there. :heart:

Sue :smile: x
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I had that same problem, yesterday. People can be so mean on here just for asking a question or just because you do something different from them (in my case, both)! What ever happened to there being no such thing a dumb question? Isn't everyone entitled to a little understanding? If you don't like a question being asked or don't like another's opinion or the way they do things MOVE ON! There are plenty of other's on here that share YOUR view. Go hang out with them!

You got bashed badly yesterday...I felt for you...! *HUGS*
  • MrsSanthoff
    MrsSanthoff Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Beautifully said! I couldn’t agree more and I hope some of the party poopers read this and simmer down a little! Thanks for the great post! Let's stay positive and remember the reason we are here.
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    If you could die from eating the same thing for breakfast everyday, I'd be dead!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Speak on it, sos. :love:

A side of me wants to constantly believe inappropriate posts and/or replies are just trollbait. And the other side of me wants to bite and counter-troll. If it's phrased in such a way that has "unadulterated ignorant bliss" subtly stamped across it, then by all means, education is vital to their growth as "supportive" members.
  • KariQuiteContrary
    KariQuiteContrary Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    OMG! I just had a blog rant about just that yesterday. It's as if, because they don't have to face the person they're insulting, it's ok! Seriously. The amount of damage done by some of these awful and hurtful comments and tirades would be staggering if we could really measure it! We are here to support each other not tear each other down for making a statement or asking a question that someone else things is stupid or ridiculous. Let's keep MFP out of the "middle school" mentality. Keep on ranting! I'm right there with you! <3:)
  • HawkeyeGuy
    Options
    Mick, I'm sorry if you were offended by me yesterday, and I may have been a bit aggressive (one of my not so nice traits). But, you didn't pose a question, you posed a statement that purported to be fact. A statement that could put alot of people off their track to their goals. I've attempted in the past to answer that same question logically and methodically without passion, but it wasn't listened to, so I tried a different tact. Sorry you had to be the brunt of my post.

Also, it's not about 'taking sides'. It's about informing of the truth, and giving people tools they can use. If we just post one side of an issue, and leave it at that, how do we ever get better? I've learned many things on here from people that I thought I was right about, but wasn't. If they had just left the forum and jumped to another post, I wouldn't have heard their point of view...which ended up being the more logical / helpful one. (i.e. HIIT training, and how to blend it into your workout programs.)
  • Terri73
    Terri73 Posts: 238
    Options
    Thats why my diary is private i have nothing to hide but heard so much about how people criticize
    i cant be dealing with it.