Zumba

Options
Hi Ladies-

I recently joined Women's Workout World and I'm doing a lot of the classes but having a hard time trying to add them to my exercise log. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can add my Zumba to exercise log? Maybe I'm missing something...
Thanks in advance and HAPPY WEIGHT LOSS to you all!!! :)

Replies

5913540 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I wonder the same thing...
  • nuviag
    nuviag Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hello I dont know but someone asked this before here is the thread with many answers that can help

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/184564-zumba
  • tamik6
    tamik6 Posts: 7
    Options
    I did my first Zumba class last night and tried to log it. I ended up using the dance entry and it gave me 409cal for 60min. but from what I'm reading you can burn much more than that depending on how hard you work. Other posts recommend getting a heart rate monitor to get a more accurate calorie count. BTW I loved Zumba class!!!
  • heathersouthern09
    Options
    HI i take zumba at least two times a week and the lady that teaches it to me said you can lose 600-1000 calories per hr! when i add it i go under dancing and just add in 800 calories so i always know that "dancin" was ZUMBA!
  • nuviag
    nuviag Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    oops wrong one this is the right one.......

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/183594-zumba-question
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    You can add exercise yourself, but the best and most accurate way to know how many calories you burned it to invest in a HRM. I have the Polar FT7, I bought for $81 off Amazon, and it is worth every penny.
  • kajunsarah
    Options
    I take a Zumba class 4 times a week and I have a HRM and I burn atleast 920 cal per class. I love this class. You can create a zumba catagory and add you calories burned.
  • brown0928
    brown0928 Posts: 49
    Options
    Thanks All! I ordered my HRM yesterday, I can't wait to get it! Until then I'll just log my Zumba under dancing! Thanks again ladies for your help! HAPPY WEIGHT LOSS!