Tuna,no mayo?

Options
Anyone have any tasty, healthier options to make canned tuna ... No mayo?

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Plain yogurt. Relish, onions, tomato. All together or any one of them.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I posted 3 of my creations along with my own photos on this thread yesterday. Just scroll until you see the photos.

I almost never buy Miracle Whip but if you need it to keep something together, use plain yogurt since it has no taste and performs the same function for no fat and some protein or mustard.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/184300-canned-tuna-uses
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    stir in some plain/greek yogurt/lemon juice
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Tuna and ranch is delish. But keep an eye on sodium, because it might be worth using a little more calories in the regular vs the low fat.
  • MeliciousMelis
    MeliciousMelis Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    tuna, mixed with one laughing cow wedge. YUMMY.
  • morawjo
    morawjo Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I use the low calorie Miracle Whip...it tastes great and there are hardly any calories in it. Makes an awesome tuna sandwich!!
  • jpeebs88
    jpeebs88 Posts: 81
    Options
    Use a can of tuna in water, mix in one laughing cow light cheese wedge - same feel as tuna and mayo but much more flavorful when you use garlic and herb or chipoltle flavored cheese! 1 can tuna in water + 1 cheese wedge = 135 calories. Put that on two slices of Nickles' 35 bread (available at Wal-mart) with some lettuce and tomato and you have a yummy tuna sandwich for about 220 calories!
  • JennDoesKeto
    JennDoesKeto Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    tuna, lemon juice and pepper..yummy!

also tuna pepper and mustard.

a no cal dressing you can use is 1/4 cup of splenda 2 cups apple cider vinegar and 2 to 3 tbsp of any mrs dash. mix together it makes a mock oil and vinegar dressing no calories!
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I love to eat tuna mixed with steamed veggies, and sometimes add some brown rice. Or tuna on salad like I had last night. Yummy!
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I mix it with yogurt and corn! And other things...yum:) its what I eat all day haha...
  • LuckySMA
    LuckySMA Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try non-fat greek yogurt, or mash up part of an avocado to get the creamy texture and add lemon juice
  • megpiemac12
    Options
    I will sometimes put salad dressing on it instead. Can change up the tastes all together. Today I actually brought for lunch tuna with asain sesame dressing. :)
  • RHG3
    RHG3 Posts: 1
    Options
    Tuna with hot sauce

or

Tuna with mustard and relish

Both good and both add very minimal calories
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Tuna with avocado! Love it!
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with homemade mayonnaise. Better option than Plain greek yogurt(sugar). An nothing unhealthy about home made mayo. Eggs and Olive oil are not bad for you and neither are their fats.

http://homecooking.about.com/od/saladrecipes/r/blcon64.htm omit the sugar
  • karyn2321
    karyn2321 Posts: 18
    Options
    yes! relish and onion! YUM
  • Jessica_Lo
    Jessica_Lo Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Someone on here posted tuna and tostitos spinach dip. It's yummy...I have it with chicken in a can too. It's my new addiction. ;)

I have 1/2 a can with 2 tbsp of it and it's 100 cals. Plus the bread that I use which is 35 cals a slice and a sandwich is 170 cals and super filling.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    I love tuna! I will check back later to see the finished selection of recipes :)
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Wow there are some great suggestions here! Can't wait to try some of them!