Very small but much needed NSV

Options
pixieofdoom
pixieofdoom Posts: 356 Member
I've been having a real downer on the whole weight loss thing since last week. Been at it for a month and don't see any difference at all so I was feeling quite low. Howver, I decided that rather than have a giant glass of wine and something unhealthy to eat, I would treat myself by spending some time doing my nails. I then noticed that it was much, much easier to paint my toenails than it has been for a while - no idea if this is a belly reduction or increased flexibility from the exercise but either way, a very tiny improvement just when I needed it.

Replies

• sauza
    sauza Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    oh how I know what you mean. No matter how well I may or may not be doing, I have such a long way to go that I will not see the results that matter to me for quite some time. However, my life gets easier ....little things, but very much appreciated, are changing for the better, encouraging me along the way.
  • Terri73
    Terri73 Posts: 238
    Options
    Don't last year i lost a stone and exercised a lot and i always have to be careful as if i get swellings on my legs i have to get to the docs as my sister passed away from blot clots and they fear it was inherited , anyway i saw my friend for coffee one day and showed her that my legs seemed to have swelling on the calves and asked if i should get to docs , well she wet herself laughing and said "you silly cow they are your calf muscles."

it really is those small changes that make it feel worthwhile so keep at it. Sometimes scales are not a true representation on how well you are doing. I tend to measure more than weigh myself lost little weight but have lost inches almost everywhere. x
  • CallejaFairey
    CallejaFairey Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I've been having a real downer on the whole weight loss thing since last week. Been at it for a month and don't see any difference at all so I was feeling quite low. Howver, I decided that rather than have a giant glass of wine and something unhealthy to eat, I would treat myself by spending some time doing my nails. I then noticed that it was much, much easier to paint my toenails than it has been for a while - no idea if this is a belly reduction or increased flexibility from the exercise but either way, a very tiny improvement just when I needed it.

i don't think this is a small NSV at all, this is a big one! doing my toes is such a pain, that usually i do them once, and don't do them again until all the paint from the last time is gone. and as i wear socks a lot, let me tell you, the polish sticks around for a long....long....lonnnngg time. so congrats, i can't wait till i find it easier to do my toes too. remember, we are always the hardest on ourselves, just because you don't see a change does not mean it's not happening. make sure to celebrate every success you have, you are worth it :)
  • grumpy2032
    grumpy2032 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I have been feeling the same way .But I took a look at my home page 10 weeks = 10 lbs just what I wonted 1 pound a week and I feel a lot better.It just feels like forever somedays. Good job on your choices !!!! you did great. no extra cals and pretty nails.
  • margnutt
    margnutt Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I can totally identify with what you are saying here. It is really hard to stay motivated without small victories. I am super happy for you that you are seeing success in other ways. I THANK YOU so much for this post. I have been having a difficult time because the scale is not moving. However, I measured myself and was able to see that I am losing inches. Thank you again for reminding me that scale victories are not all there is!
  • pixieofdoom
    pixieofdoom Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the inch loss, it's so hard not get hung up on the scales
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!