breakfasts?!

Options
i need my milk in the mornings. no calcium and i get patchy skin! so that's already around 60cals. i just really need some low cal, healthy breakfasts with barely any fuss and will keep me going throughout the day. any ideas? they could just be things like mueali but i find that to have the size portion i want gives me a huge amount of calories. please help!!

Replies

• tamaracorine
    Options
    I'm loving soy and linseed toast, with cottage cheese and tomato on it.
    Yummy, fast and low in calories.
  • jmo325
    jmo325 Posts: 57
    Options
    I eat Vita muffins and Vita tops. They're amazing and only 100 cals each plus a ton of vitamins for your body. :)
  • Jackiesexton
    Jackiesexton Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    1 egg and 1 egg white omelet 90 cal , on natures own 35 calorie per slice toast and 1 slice cheese 60 cal. Keeps me full for hours, I can make it in 6 minutes and its sooo yummy. 220 calories!
  • salyha01
    salyha01 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Have you tried greek yogurt? Its filling, tonnes of calcium (and protein) and surprisingly filling. Its great with any kind of fresh fruit, preserves and/or granola!
  • LornaW
    LornaW Posts: 27
    Options
    45g scotts porridge oats, i make it with water but it can be made with fat free milk, 6mins till ready. Serve with milk and a tbsp of maple syrup..yummy!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I like some fat free ricotta cheese mixed with fresh berries (I use both strawberries and blueberries) and a little cinnamon with some pecan slices. Under 250 calories and yummy!

I also like oatmeal with berries and a little protein powder. You can use less than the big portion I make for myself and still come out with 200 calories or so of tasty goodness.
  • jltdinga
    jltdinga Posts: 3
    Options
    I usually make a 3 egg white omelet with whatever veggies I have in the house (carrots, spinach, peppers) and a Weight watchers string cheese cut up and melted inside. It takes all of 5 minutes and has approx 110 cals and is very filling.

Or 1 slice of toast 2 egg whites, and 2 slices of turkey bacon, with a bit of ketchup, creates an open face sammie that is about 200 cals
  • monkeyboy881
    Options
    Have you tried greek yogurt? Its filling, tonnes of calcium (and protein) and surprisingly filling. Its great with any kind of fresh fruit, preserves and/or granola!

i swear by greek yogurt it is so universal mmmm mmmm good ... also try my homemade protein bar recipe
  • Deevs
    Deevs Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Fresh fruit, with or without yogurt
    Toasted crumpet with lemon curd or sugar free jam
    Weekend: 1 x pached egg on 1 x slice of toast

Missing the McMuffins and bacon sarnies tho!

x
  • Rupeedoo
    Rupeedoo Posts: 46
    Options
    porridge! YUM!

I but the Quaker Oats Honey and Almond flavour. They come in small packs of single portion sizes and you measure the milk by pouring into the empty pack.
    Microwave for 2 mins and it's done!
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Generaly my usual is Oatbran with Flaxseed, 1/4 cup pumpkin and spices mixed in, and 2 whole eggs and 1 white. Or 2 whole eggs one white with 2 slieces of Ezekiel Bread and in a crunch I have shakeology with Iso Sensation Whey protein shake. All are 300-400 calories. Which is were you want your breakfest calories to be Expecially if your more active earlier in the day.

PS you can get your Calcium from other sources besides milk. Alot of women have trouble with making them bloated and gassy and it also makes them retain water. Just a thought :-)
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I go with homemade baked beans and toast. Recipe here (makes 4 portions).-->http://vegan20eleven.blogspot.com/2011/01/baked-beans-on-toast.html

With two slices of warburton's wholemeal bread as toast, and with two tablespoons of flaxseed mixed in, it still comes to under 250 cals. Be careful to measure out the oil - you might get away with just half a tablespoon, or maybe a teaspoon.

You can use tinned baked beans, but I find them too syrupy and ick. Everything's better with fried onions.
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Missing the McMuffins and bacon sarnies tho!

x

I haven't figured out the calories on these, but you could try a wholemeal muffin, and an egg (or just egg whites) microwaved in a mug to get the round shape.

As for bacon sarnies...http://www.cookyourselfthin.co.uk/article/gizzi-erskine-recipes-bacon-avocado-and-tomato-sandwich.html"

295 cals.
  • Ruleonard
    Ruleonard Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am loving Greek yogurt with blueberries at the moment. High in protein! I am eating the 0% fat right now but will probably switch to 2% soon. The brands I like are Fage and Oikos (organic) and I add my own blueberries.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal. I love it!
  • jconnon
    jconnon Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I usually eat a Chobani Greek yogurt or I make an oatmeal in a crock pot that I portion out and goes me all week.
    I add apples, skim milk, water, ground flaxseed and cinnamon to the oatmeal.
  • Deevs
    Options
    Hmmmm - that's a possibility.

1 x Bacon & Egg McMuffin is 340 Cals.

Ouch!

x
  • Deevs
    Options
    I just can't "do" porridge. Have tried many many times but it just makes me heave ....... x
  • terrivision
    terrivision Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Suggestions since you mentioned you need your calicum:

Greek Yogurt
    Oatmeal (you can put milk in it)
    Smoothie - I usuall use 1/2 banana, 1-2 frozen strawberries, 1TBLS natural peanut butter (weird but I love it), and Soy milk or regular milk
    Protien Shake (meal replacement type)
    Cup of milk and an egg white omelet
  • Rupeedoo
    Rupeedoo Posts: 46
    Options
    Hmmmm - that's a possibility.

1 x Bacon & Egg McMuffin is 340 Cals.

Ouch!

x

+ 8.9g Saturated fat!!!
    +800mg Sodium!!!

It does taste good though....