Has anyone else had a taste change?

Options
I have found that my taste have changed lately. I have tried eating an icecream sunday (with lowfat icecream OF COURSE!:laugh: ) like it matters and I could not eat it. It almost made me sick. Then yesterday I ate a bite of Ramen Noodles (I know BAD BAD) and they were so salty it made my tounge hurt.

Anyone else seeing this change?

Replies

• JenniferMann24
    Options
    I have found that my taste have changed lately. I have tried eating an icecream sunday (with lowfat icecream OF COURSE!:laugh: ) like it matters and I could not eat it. It almost made me sick. Then yesterday I ate a bite of Ramen Noodles (I know BAD BAD) and they were so salty it made my tounge hurt.

• Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    :laugh: While my digestive track doesn't always appreciate my "cheat foods", my taste buds always do!!:laugh:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

Definitely...I find since I began to eat clean I really notice the huge amount of salt in things when I allow myself a treat or something I used to think I couldn't live without....to sweet, don't care for the taste anymore or just plain blah... :noway: IT's GREAT!!:drinker: To me it means progress I've made, changed my tastes to healthier food..

It's like my palette is clean now and when I eat food that has even the hint of salt in them...:noway: I can name it easily.

Great topic...I imagine you'll see a number of folks chime in:drinker:
  • 4Serendipity
    Options
    Oh yes...definitely a change in my taste...I actually can taste real food now since I'm eating clean, and no longer has a desire for processed foods...even my favorites like ice cream which I couldn't live without before, and chocolate pudding....can't even barely stand them anymore. I never did cook with or like salt, so always tasted that, but its amazing how good fresh fruits and vegetables taste to me now. I took a bite of a cookie the other day...and didn't even want to swallow it, and thats a good thing! Oranges have an amazing taste to it I never noticed before, and I find myself really craving snacking on cucumber and carrots right now. Clean eating is definitely a way of life I can live with very easily. I miss nothing processed!
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Yes and NO
    I still LOVE sweets, but am satisfied with smaller amounts
    I only drink water and maybe 1 fuze a day
    I gave up soda and can't imagine going back..I took one little sip recently and felt ill

Kim
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Yes and yes! Most people don't believe that when you change your diet that your tastes change... but I find that those foods that used to satify me do not do so anymore, but new foods DO satisfy me. I'm perfectly fine with my taste buds preferring healthier options :) It makes life easier most of the time ;)
  • Cassia
    Cassia Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Yes and NO
    I still LOVE sweets, but am satisfied with smaller amounts

Kim
    thats me! i can't hardly handle all the sweet stuff i useta eat
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    I know my tastebuds are more sensitive to certain things - salt especially (never used it much). We went out to Red Lobster for dinner and had the lobster pizza for an appetizer - WOW! It was good, but tasted salty. I also don't do sugar and my hubby had me taste his late - I thought I was going to fall out of my chair it was so sweet. Blaaah!

Chocolate is still a requirement:heart: , but I now prefer the 70%+ cocoa squares. :love:
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I know my tastebuds are more sensitive to certain things - salt especially (never used it much). We went out to Red Lobster for dinner and had the lobster pizza for an appetizer - WOW! It was good, but tasted salty. I also don't do sugar and my hubby had me taste his late - I thought I was going to fall out of my chair it was so sweet. Blaaah!

Chocolate is still a requirement:heart: , but I now prefer the 70%+ cocoa squares. :love:

Same here! I find that most things are TOO salty or sweet - I end up making most of my food to eliminate all the extra salt, sugar and fat. I also :heart: :heart: my dark chocolate!

BTW, I was watching a documentary last night called "I Eat 33,000 Calories" and it was about 4 morbidly obese individuals - showed their almost nude bodies, laid out all the food they eat in one day, and filmed them in real life (i.e. bed-bound, eating food). I do have sympathy and compassion for these folks, but I could not watch them eat - it made me sick to my stomach to see all the junk food, and mouths just chewing, chewing (shudder). I've never had such a visceral reaction to watching people eat - I don't know why I couldn't stomach that documentary.
  • whalomgirl
    whalomgirl Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    It's true! I had an onion ring, and was absolutely repulsed by the greasiness. Even things like chocolate seem very oily to me now, and I won't touch them!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    My DH asked me yesterday if we were out of salt?!?

I cooked a great homemade lentil soup with parsnips, carrots, onions, garlic.

the nutrient percentages were off the charts.

I guess I just dont taste the need for salt as much anymore.

He does-so I bought sea salt and told him to sprinkle to his heart's (pun intended) content.

And dont even get me started on grease. I can't even bring a french fry to my mouth anymore!
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Glad to see I am not the only one. My tastes have been changing gradually over the past 2 years. Don't like anything too sweet, salty or greasy! My tummy certainly knows it the next day.

On another note, I can no longer stomach mushrooms or sushi (I used to eat this at least once a week). Just seemed to happen all of a sudden!

Carol
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Most fast food is disgusting to me now. Burgers, fried chicken ick. Pizza however I'm just pickier, and all Mexican fast food still calls my name.

I frequently find things either too salty or too sweet. There was a time when I just didn't understand people who would say something was too sweet.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Most definitely!

I am disgusted by a lot of the foods I used to eat, and if I am not, my stomach usually lets me know within a day or so that it isn't happy with it. :grumble:

I don't drink as much soda as I used to because I have noticed it no longer does anything for me. I am so used to water that I barely drink anything else. I like sweets, just not as much and I noticed a few months ago that all candy bars have a waxy gross texture to the chocolate and I can't stand it so I have gone to super dark chocolate and when I am sweet craving I have a square or two.

I love mexican food still, however, I have to drink water before during and a lot after to keep from feeling dehydrated, but I have found some great recipes to satisfy and my family asks for them so we don't even do that as often.

Over all, I eat 99% different than I did a year ago.

:drinker:
  • innocent75
    innocent75 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    My biggest change was when I went from regular soda to diet (I know still not good, but I love the sauce :smile: ). Now if I drink a regular soda I get sick and can't believe how sweet it is.
  • SGFlyinHi
    SGFlyinHi Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Most definitely!!!!

If I eat something salty, I can only eat very little of it. I can have like only 1 or 2 chips, and that can satisfy any cravings I may have.
    I can't eat anything greasy anymore. It just doesn't taste the same as before and isn't very appetizing.
    I don't drink soda anymore, so if I do indulge, I can only have a few sips before it no longer tastes good.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    absolutely. I can handle SMALL SMALL amounts of "cheat foods" and thats about it. I think its cause you get your body used to eating food its supposed to and anything foriegn in it your body will reject. Consider it a blessing. Its like on the biggest loser whenthey have been at thier diest for a while and then they are faced with temptation, they literraly puke. I felt that way once after sharing a brownie sunday with a friend. I felt nauses towards the middle of it and said this is making me sick...
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    well, when I started all this last May, lost gained, lost gained and loosing again, finally, I found that when I cut sugars and pre packaged food with tons of chemicals in it, my taste buds opened up and I am eating squash, zuccini, cucumbers, avacado, which really, I never did. I like broccoli and cauliflower ok, but now, all the time. Oh yeah, spinach....

I tell ya, your body changes and you start craving good stuff....
  • froggirl
    Options
    I am so glad to hear all of you say this! It gives me hope. I just started less than 2 weeks ago and was doing okay until I had to call AT&T about disrupting my internet and, after 30 minutes on the phone, I was ready for a pizza, ice cream, greasy cheeseburger, anything bad! I took a few deep breaths, got a handful of trial mix, ate it all in one obscene bite and I'm okay now.