pedometer

Options
Can anyone tel me how reliable a pedometer is?
I hav put my weight in corect and keep it upright atached to me. I am usin it mostly to count cals x

Replies

• missrugby
    missrugby Posts: 31
    Options
    Mine seems to be very accurate. I have one that I bought at a weight watchers meeting a while back. I like it because it definitely makes me walk more.
  • lep_623
    lep_623 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I find it pretty accurate. I love mine... but make sure that it is level and not crooked... I have also found that it works better if I put it on the side pocket of my jeans b/c the band of the jeans can stabilize it and keep it from counting properly...
  • Yarnpiggie
    Yarnpiggie Posts: 181
    Options
    Yeah i never found one that worked well for me until i found one that i could put on my shoe. I always blamed it on my belly jostling it too much making it count steps i hadn't taken. gave it to one of my 'skinny' friends and she had the same problem. (that did make me feel a little better) :-)

My "shoe odometer" never let me down though.
  • vickij2
    vickij2 Posts: 66
    Options
    I find it works better on my shoe. If you wear Nike shoes, Nike+ sportsband or Ipod attachment is great. Works with sensor in shoe. Can calibrate it for walking or running. Very motivational. Uploads information to Nike.com. Great site!
  • resa13
    resa13 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I bought one from Brookstone at the mall. I love it. I have used it for almost a year now. Very reliable.