Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

pedometer

Can anyone tel me how reliable a pedometer is?
I hav put my weight in corect and keep it upright atached to me. I am usin it mostly to count cals x

Replies

• missrugby
    missrugby Posts: 31
    Mine seems to be very accurate. I have one that I bought at a weight watchers meeting a while back. I like it because it definitely makes me walk more.
  • lep_623
    lep_623 Posts: 193 Member
    I find it pretty accurate. I love mine... but make sure that it is level and not crooked... I have also found that it works better if I put it on the side pocket of my jeans b/c the band of the jeans can stabilize it and keep it from counting properly...
  • Yarnpiggie
    Yarnpiggie Posts: 181
    Yeah i never found one that worked well for me until i found one that i could put on my shoe. I always blamed it on my belly jostling it too much making it count steps i hadn't taken. gave it to one of my 'skinny' friends and she had the same problem. (that did make me feel a little better) :-)

My "shoe odometer" never let me down though.
  • vickij2
    vickij2 Posts: 66
    I find it works better on my shoe. If you wear Nike shoes, Nike+ sportsband or Ipod attachment is great. Works with sensor in shoe. Can calibrate it for walking or running. Very motivational. Uploads information to Nike.com. Great site!
  • resa13
    resa13 Posts: 10 Member
    I bought one from Brookstone at the mall. I love it. I have used it for almost a year now. Very reliable.