need a healthy Option for Mexican Food, quick!

Options
2»

Replies

• HoopFire5602
    HoopFire5602 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the help!!! I have to go now but at least I know what I will be eating and not feel bad about it!!! You all are AMAZING! :):):)
  • redwngs13
    redwngs13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    This topic makes me want Mexican food BAD!
  • arodriguez2
    arodriguez2 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Ceviche would be great. Grilled chicken salad with no cheese guac or crema, but with salsa and beans. Or soup. Albondigas or menudo. Chicken Fajitas or shrimp with corn tortillas instead of flour. Enjoy!

Your post made me smile! I rarely hear people talk about Albondigas :) My mom made some yesterday!!
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    What do you all use for your seasoning on fajitas? The packets are so high in sodium.

When I make chicken fajitas for dinner, I do use the seasoning fromteh packets, but I only use a tsp. A little goes a long way!
  • gany50
    gany50 Posts: 3
    Options
    Chicken soup. It's usually very good a Mex restaurants. Broth, chx breast, rice, pico de galo, avacado slice. Delicious.
  • kristibluesky
    Options
    they should have a healthier options on the menu called the lighter side or healthier options or whatever and have the calories posted as well or available
  • rmaisto
    rmaisto Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Here is a link to 10 ways to eat healthy at a Mexican restaurant: http://eatthis.menshealth.com/slideshow/10-ways-eat-healthy-mexican-cantina
  • GURLEY_GIRL3
    GURLEY_GIRL3 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    they have shrimp salads,chicken that are great just use salsa as dressing
    or get 2 grilled fish or chicken tacos w/ pico

my fav is grilled shrimp salad w lettuce onion tomato w/ 2 slices of avacado
    and i eat 5 chips w/ salsa ( so i can get my fix)
  • IrishChick71
    IrishChick71 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    What do you all use for your seasoning on fajitas? The packets are so high in sodium.

When I make chicken fajitas for dinner, I do use the seasoning fromteh packets, but I only use a tsp. A little goes a long way!

This is exactly what I do too! You really don't need the whole packet at all.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Personally, I would eat all the inside of the fajita but not even the tortilla, they are carb loaded.

I don't eat the tortillas either :)