Has anyone else noticed this?

Options
I have lost 14.5 pounds so far, and feeling pretty good about it. But last night I decided to go check on my diary for something. At the end of the day you click on complete and it will give you an idea of where you should be in 5 weeks? It's no where close to where I am now. I weigh more than the estimates.

Not that it's too disappointing, but when I first read these estimates I was pumped. Now, I tend to ignore them.

Anyone else have this issue or noticing the same thing?

Replies

• kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    I ignore them too. If our bodies were a fixed machine, then it would be accurate. but we are not a fixed machine as there are tons of variables to us daily!

I just focus on my measuring tape, and the cleanliness of my diet.... I have been slowly making it more clean, its taking me quite a while tho. lots of bad habits to break!
  • lisastevens27
    Options
    Hey...

Yes me. Somedays it says if you eat like this in 5 weeks you will weigh...... then the next its completly different and always more :(. It used to upset me but now I don't take any notice lol.

Lisa
  • Trjlove
    Trjlove Posts: 28
    Options
    Well the estimates are suppose to be less then where you are now. It is telling you that if you continue consuming calories and exercising in the same manner of your current day post, where you can hope to be in 5 weeks. Since it is an estimate you could end up being more or less, but hopefully less then your current weight.

Keeping pushing....:happy: :flowerforyou:
  • BrickHouse2011
    BrickHouse2011 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    yes i tend to igore them too. Like you it had me excited when i forst joined, but now i see that it is unrealistic, at least for me.
  • thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    It is just an estimate, and it is impossible to eat the same and exercise the same everyday.
  • cmbneeley
    cmbneeley Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    yep.,.i check it after 6 weeks, all of them were wrong. now i juts ignor it. i'm guessing it doesn't account for nutrition effects or metabolism rates.
  • LaurieEReid
    LaurieEReid Posts: 273
    Options
    I just try to use it as encouragement if it's less than what I weight now and a smack on the head if it's more. Too much is going to vary in the 5 weeks to use it as an actual predictor.
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I look at them and get a kick out of them when i have a really good workout day. I've had them say if I did this everyday I'll be down 16 lbs. Obviously, that isn't overly healthy when I only plan to lose a grand total of 32 lbs. Also, it means I wold havee to kick nbutt with exercising everyday. It does give me motivation and reason to do some sort of exercise everyday though. Obviously if you eat a healthy amount of cals and exercise to burn a ton of cals each day you will lose weight. Personally, I don't want to eat 1400 cals a day and exercise 1200 away everyday!!!! Way too much work for me. I just make sure I do something everyday or as many days as I can.
  • grea49
    grea49 Posts: 1
    Options
    I clicked on complete at the end of the day yesterday, which was also my first day using the program. The estimate said I would weigh that estimated amount if every day was like that day. I imagine every day will not be exactly like that day so I wouldn't expect my weight in 5 weeks to match the estimate. I think it is just trying to motivate us to do a good job again tomorrow.
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    You mean if you go back 5 weeks and do it? I think that is because it calculates 5 weeks out based on todays weight.