What should I wear???

Options
My friend invited me to her wedding. I have been to one wedding in my life and I was 8 or 9. I have no idea what to wear, how to do my hair what shoes to wear??? HELP!!!! I dont wanna under dress and look like a moron and I am not a person who has to have attention and overshine her(the bride). What colors??? What styles??? Its in late October by the way, the 25...

Replies

• FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    My friend invited me to her wedding. I have been to one wedding in my life and I was 8 or 9. I have no idea what to wear, how to do my hair what shoes to wear??? HELP!!!! I dont wanna under dress and look like a moron and I am not a person who has to have attention and overshine her(the bride). What colors??? What styles??? Its in late October by the way, the 25...
  • susan62
    Options
    Personally, I'd go with a nice fall colored dress. If you don't like dresses, try a pair of darker slacks with a fall colored tailored blouse. I'm most comfortable in flats, but you may like a pair of pumps. Remember....I'm old so this is how I dress. :smile:

94358.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • froggirl
    Options
    If it's an evening wedding, wear something black & semi-sexy. If it's a day wedding, a simple dress or pants outfit. Have fun!
  • jlwhelan1
    Options
    ADRS312.jpg

or

this link (or google "nordstrom dresses" and click on guest of the wedding for ideas.)

http://shop.nordstrom.com/c/6014174/0~2376776~2374327~2374331~6014174

But really, your friend will just be delighted you are there and not too worried about what you are wearing.
    Be semi dressy and confident and comfortable.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I definatelly will go the dress route. a pant suit makes me look manly I think. So I may do the black of grey cause browns and earth tones arent very good friends of mine. I hear royal purple is in and it loos killer on my skin. Vibrant works on me.
  • jenninsocal
    Options
    I always wear black pants and a dressy shirt, and some type of sandals. It can be dressed up or dressed down. I have been to tons of weddings, and you see a lot of diversity in what people wear. As long as you arent wearing jeans you wont stand out!