Lenten Scale Diet: T minus 6 days... are you in?

Options
Good day... I stole this idea from fellow MFP members emilysebastian and fzyfrog ...

The Idea: to break the hold that the scale has on us. Yeah sure that number when it goes down might motivate you ... but when it goes up it throws you off, right? Actually for me its the other way around, when the scale is down I am less motivated and slack off and when its up I think I need to try harder.

The Truth: GUESS WHAT... the scale does not run our lives. If we eat right, and get activity we should lose weight, right? How many times has that dumb scale derailed you?

The Plan: a Lenten scale diet .... if your not religious you can call it the 40 day scale diet if you would like. Last weigh in will be on March 8th ... March 9th hide the scale, throw it out, give it to your husband/wife ... I dont care what you do with it but DO NOT get back on any scale until Easter Sunday!

The Challenge: If you are part of a challenge, just inform your challenge you wont weigh in ... you will have an awesome weight at the end ... it will be worth it.

The Measurement: you are allowed to measure yourself ONCE per week if you wish ... personally I am not going to do this (if I get frisky I might measure every other week but I am going to try to do nothing)

The Goal: Track your calories in MFP - both food and exercise! Make excellent choices... based on your activity and food preferences!

The Celebration: Easter Sunday ... we will rock it ... have some great numbers and will no longer be slaves to the scale.

I would like to start an official challenge msg board ... to encourage all members. We can also share those NSVs that we all have and often overlook because we are slaves to that number of the scale.

So what do you say ... who's with me?

Replies

• emchamberlain
    emchamberlain Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I am in! Not religious, but I love this idea!
  • themrsbriggs
    themrsbriggs Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    i'm so ready :)
  • fzyfrog
    fzyfrog Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    bump - cause you already know I'm in!!! Non-Catholic person here, but I'm still gonna call it the Lenten Scale Diet, cause I like the word "Lenten"!
  • cerysrhi
    cerysrhi Posts: 262
    Options
    love it I'm going to try but I am a scales addict
  • bexdc
    bexdc Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Great idea! I try to only weight myself once a week, but I have to admit that I stepped on the scale at least four times last week!
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    bump - cause you already know I'm in!!! Non-Catholic person here, but I'm still gonna call it the Lenten Scale Diet, cause I like the word "Lenten"!

I dont know how I found you ... LOL but we are just too much alike for it to be an accident!
    Your post made me giggle... thats why I called it the "Lenten"scale diet ... just a good title I guess!
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I've been trying like the ****ens to figure out what I was going to give up for Lent. I think this is a WONDERFUL idea! I have a tendency to weigh 2-3 times per week, and only record the loss on Fridays... but this sounds like a terrific idea! I'm IN!
  • fzyfrog
    Options
    Good peeps just migrate to other good peeps!! And every time I say or hear the word "peeps" all I can picture is biting the heads off a cute little yellow chicks of marshmallow-y goodness!!

I dont know how I found you ... LOL but we are just too much alike for it to be an accident!
    Your post made me giggle... thats why I called it the "Lenten"scale diet ... just a good title I guess!
  • emmaleigh47
    Options
    I've been trying like the ****ens to figure out what I was going to give up for Lent. I think this is a WONDERFUL idea! I have a tendency to weigh 2-3 times per week, and only record the loss on Fridays... but this sounds like a terrific idea! I'm IN!

Ok I have to laugh .... MFP does allow you to say ****ens... haha haha haha!
    Welcome to the group...

FZy: Those poor lil chickens... I hate those things... have you ever put them in the microwave... its a fun sight!
  • fzyfrog
    Options
    Don't they swell up like a bad case of gout?
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    (sigh) Thinking about doing this... but, really, I am 2 pounds away from my first HUGE goal of hitting ONEderland! Hmmm....
  • emmaleigh47
    Options
    How much will it be to see that you are not only IN onederland... but that once you reach it you will NEVER look back.
    I know for me, a weight doesnt mean much unless I see it consistently? You know what I mean...
  • kac7700
    kac7700 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm in...sounds liberating!
  • fzyfrog
    Options
    I knew we could count on you kac!!!
  • emmaleigh47
    Options
    I knew we could count on you kac!!!

Ok I think we have to name the trio... seems like we comments alot of each other, do alot together... hehe kac I just feel like you belong here as part of the group.. :)
  • blondie_0506
    Options
    I'm in!!
  • VibrantStar
    VibrantStar Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Im in!
  • sanura
    sanura Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! In February I decided to change to weighing in once a month, but this I think is even better!
  • janelle1993
    janelle1993 Posts: 128
    Options
    I'm joining!:smile:
  • dtrm88
    dtrm88 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    This is going to be so tough. I'm am completely addicted to the scale. I know this is exactly what I need, so count me in!!