thinking about food?

Options
I have been at this for 2 months. Down 17 pounds. But seriously think about food and what I can eat all freaking day. I wake up and think, "yum, I have a full day of calories to eat". I think about my next meal and snacks and almost count down the minutes till I can eat.

When does this go away??????

Replies

• crazymama2two
    Options
    never :D
  • HannahPastoor
    Options
    I guess it depends on the person : ) I had that for about a week...Now I don't really think about food ALL the time. I do plan ahead, but no more then before....
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Been doing it 2 years.. Yup. Still think about meals and calories CONSTANTLY!
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    Everyone is different, but I operate at my best when eating a diet primarily of fat, protein, veg and moderate fruit. I find that I am more obsessive about food when I'm not eating enough fat (i.e.: when I buy tilapia, I need to cook it in olive oil or butter or make sure I eat a few tbs of almond butter after my meal). When I increase my fat intake the constant thoughts about food (and any cravings I might be having) go away.

Charmagne
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Sounds like I felt when I did WW , felt like a diet and gained all my weigh loss back.. I would say this time I'm eating more calories and dont feel like I'm on a diet, in the morning breakfast, a snack, lunch, a snack and a balanced dinner and a snack.

Morning omlett = 4 egg wite , 1 ounce cheese some veggies , coffee, 1/2 c. skim milk
    snack= 1 ounce almond or small apple with 1 ounce cheese or cootage cheese and pear or greek yogurtor humus and carrot or peanut butter and celery
    lunch= 2 bread, 4 ounce chicken, 2 Tbs. humus, 1 c spinach raw make a sandwich with this and you will be full, have 1 ounce pretzels to go with the sandwhich
    snack
    dinner 4 ounce chicken, 3/4c. brown rice, 1 tsp butter, no starchy veg. like green beans, asparagus,broccoli, salad, radishes
    snack
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different, but I operate at my best when eating a diet primarily of fat, protein, veg and moderate fruit. I find that I am more obsessive about food when I'm not eating enough fat (i.e.: when I buy tilapia, I need to cook it in olive oil or butter or make sure I eat a few tbs of almond butter after my meal). When I increase my fat intake the constant thoughts about food (and any cravings I might be having) go away.

Charmagne
    I agree fat makes you full longer!
  • wmartin8
    wmartin8 Posts: 22
    Options
    @ crazymama-lol....

I've kinda been having the same problems but I think this is just the way the body reminds you that you need to eat more cause you're consuming less than you should; the body always aims to remain at a steady state. As i've lost weight, the feelings of hunger have gotten a little bit more manageable but they are still there. So this is probably going to go away once you get to a point where you're maintaining you weight and consuming just as many calories as you burn. Now, depending on you weight loss goal and you calorie deficit, these feelings may be more pronounced. That's why a lot of people recommend to only cut out the least amount possible or somewhere around 500 calories a day, because it is enough to loose weight safely and it is the most manageable calorie deficit psychologically.
  • candlegal
    candlegal Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    That makes sense Superwoman, our brains need good fat to function properly! People think don't eat fat, because fat is bad, but it's not. Less sugar is good but less fat is not good, of good fats. Maybe that's my problem today. We need good fats!
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I had this kind of day today and yesterday. I added my favorite cheat meal after dinner - banana, bread, PB. Not sure what's causing it. I've been fine for 3 weeks.