HRM

Options
I recently got a heart rate monitor. It is increasing my calorie burn by about 100 calories per hour over what MFP says. Is it that I am working harder than projected or is it an error. It says I work at about 85% and I am working hard? what do you think? I also added some strength training in this week?

Replies

• AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    HRM = Correct.*

MFP = Wrong.*

You're fine.

* - As long as you have entered your information correctly into the HRM and it is an accurate model.
  • cmbneeley
    cmbneeley Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    the 85% means your heart is beating and pumping at 85% of your maximum heart rate, that's the "fat burning zone." most things i've heard have said to not get much over that. i have ot work so freaking hard to get my HR up to 85%, it kills. When doing zumba at my hardest, i usually float between 75-80%.

also, heart rate monitors are measuring YOUR heart rate. as long as you put in your weight and age , it's ll be way more accurate than MFP estimates.
  • outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    Options
    Ditto. I go with the HRM over MFP or any machine at the gym.
  • chantalicious
    Options
    I think I have to reset my HRM. My THR is between 146 and 150 something but I'll notice I'm really killing myself to work in that zone. I think after months of working out I need to reevaluate my RHR to set my new THR.
  • tslocum2001
    Options
    thanks. Yea I was doing better than I thought then