tasty snacks ??

Options
ok , im on day 5 and finding it difficult at times, im feeling the need to eat every 3-4 hours and seem to be eating the same foods everyday.

looking for some ideas of tastyish snacks i can have when i feel the urge for junk .. thanks for any replies , xx

Replies

• jpeebs88
    jpeebs88 Posts: 81
    Options
    a sugar free jello cup has just 10 calories. I found it really helpful when I started!
  • sophieshaped
    sophieshaped Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    That sounds normal to me, I eat at least that often!

Try nuts, yoghurts, mini babybel cheese, rice crackers with soft cheese, fruit, apple & cottage cheese, a slice of granary toast... are you from the UK? If so Nakd bars are good, or 9bars (high in cals but good ones).

Enjoy!
  • inkdgirl
    inkdgirl Posts: 79
    Options
    i love greek yogurt with a teaspoon of instant sugar free lemon pudding mix, it tastes like a lemon mousse!
  • Amaris1973
    Amaris1973 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have discovered popcorn is great, I used to love my crisps and on my Diet Chef diet they do popcorn and you can have quite a lot for example 100 cals. Salted that is. Ryvita crisp breads with a little low fat cheese spread are great tasting too. For sweet tooth, white grapes, light chocolate mousse...these are mine anyhow...
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    unsalted almonds are yummy,as well as lots of different fruits. I have been trying to try lots of new fruits and always try to eat at least a little fruit each day.
    I also seem to drink a few cups of herbal tea (green , pomegranate,etc) each day to cut back on snacking lately.
  • mangos4music
    mangos4music Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    i personally love all the lil nabisco 100 calorie snack packs, the lil keebler brownie are too die for!
  • rthompson81
    rthompson81 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Ditto on the popcorn! I'm am obsessed with popcorn lately precisely because of what you said... you get a lot. Plus, it's crunchy, and I like crunchy snacks. :)
  • elise115byjune
    Options
    my mid afternoon snack is a strawberry almond salad. Lettuce (whichever you like most), with 1/2 cup strawberries and 7g of sliced almonds (this is 0.0625 of a cup of sliced almonds) with 3 tbsp Bolthouse farms dressing.

Almonds - 45 cals
    Dressing - 45 Cals
    Strawberries - 25 cals

About 120 cals with lettuce! Soooo filling to!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I like a 1/4 cup of vanilla Greek yogurt with 1/4 cup of Craisins and 1/4 cup of slivered almonds. Lots of protein that keeps me full and it's less than 200 calories.
  • FullOfSpice
    FullOfSpice Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I like nuts, but sometimes I react differently to them (cause me to bloat)...I would suggest carrots (not always due to sugar content), celery and pb, apples and pb...my favorite snack when i work from home is blending spinach and a piece of fruit for a green smoothie...it fills me up...

Recently I came across Roasted Seaweed. It tastes so good, and one serving is only 30 calories! I found it at Trader Joes' if you have one near by.
  • Janworkingitout
    Janworkingitout Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    It's completely normal to want to get hungry every 3 hours or so! I consider myself the snack queen, always snacking! As was stated previously popcorn is great, but you don't need to limit yourself to diet snacks. One serving of chex mix is 2/3 cup and 140-160 cals, not bad! Sometimes I make a snack of my favorite cereal (dry), with a few nuts added. Just make sure to watch the portions of whatever you decide to eat! Enjoy!
  • dalemc
    dalemc Posts: 20
    Options
    thank you all for taking the time to reply it really is appreciated. im shopping tomorrow and will pick up some of the suggestions to try out , im in the uk and some of them i havent seen before but will have a good look lol

the things ive learnt over the past few days has been amazing , some foods i thought were low fat/cal and arnt blew me away.

thanks again and good luck to every one of you , i hope in time i am one of those inspirational people i see here everyday xx