• 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I lost 1.6 pounds this week!

great job!
  • tlussier
    tlussier Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    yay tlussier! congrats! What is the 17 day diet? Did I miss a post somewhere? sorry! (I know I was missing for a few weeks lol)

I lost 2.4lbs this week. YAY!

GReat Loss!!! Congrats!!

No you didn't miss a post. The 17 Day Diet is a book by Dr. Mike Moreno. It has been all over daytime TV (The Doctors, Dr. Phil, etc) Anyway a couple of friends and I ordered it and in a nutshell it is 3 cycles of 17 days the first cycle is fairly strict~ I see it kind of as somewhat of a fast-no cabs except from fruit, lean turkey, chicken & fish and unlimited certain veggies ( I did cheat a couple times but always stayed in my daily cals:). The second cycle brings back some carbs and red meat and then the third cycle is a more lax version of the second and then on to maintaining. I realized that on my own with counting cals I kinda lived in the third cycle so I thought I would try it. But I have had my niece (5 yrs) and my nephew (2 yrs) for the past week so I am sure next week won't show as great of a number but oh well lol.

You can check out www.the17daydiet.com
  • tlussier
    Options
    I lost 1.6 pounds this week!

Great Job!! It looks like you are very close to your goal! Keep it up!
  • ThisAboveAll
    ThisAboveAll Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi all!! It's been pretty quiet on here! I weigh in on Wednesdays at home .. I lost 1.2 this week and made it past the first of my mini goals (to get below 175 pounds) which made me very happy. Congrats to everyone who posted and lost this week! Angela keep it up and WIN your work contest!!!! It's very early still but how are you comparing to the others so far? Or do they keep you in suspense until the end?
  • tlussier
    Options
    ThisAboveAll~ Way to meet your mini goal!! Congrats! How tall are you? I just noticed your starting and goal weight are almost exactly the same as mine! ( I'm 5'8")

I too weighed in this A.M and I lost 2 lbs this past week
  • ThisAboveAll
    Options
    Great loss this week tlussier!! And thanks! I'm so relieved to finally be losing weight after five months of being stuck in the mid 180's. I'm 5' 6"1/2 .. I'd like to land in the low 140's and will evaluate how I feel about that goal when I get closer. About 4 years ago I weighed 140 and felt curvy still (feminine) and content. We'll see. I want a weight that's relatively easy to maintain and to feel comfortable. Looks like you're getting pretty close to your goal :happy:
  • tlussier
    Options
    Yeah I am getting there but wow the toning that needs to happen after a baby lol I have about 13 lbs to go for sure and we will see from there but I would just like to get rid of this next 8 b/c that would bring me to 150 and I am ok with my body at that weight :)
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    Hi all!! It's been pretty quiet on here! I weigh in on Wednesdays at home .. I lost 1.2 this week and made it past the first of my mini goals (to get below 175 pounds) which made me very happy. Congrats to everyone who posted and lost this week! Angela keep it up and WIN your work contest!!!! It's very early still but how are you comparing to the others so far? Or do they keep you in suspense until the end?

I am winning so far (just got ahead this week) :-) It's kind of exciting, but kind of annoying because I feel like from what I've heard that 4/6 contestants are kind of giving up already! *sigh. Next week is the official 1 month weigh in that everyone will weigh into so far the weekly weigh-ins have been optional. I lost 4lbs this week for a total of 10lbs this competition and going vegetarian (3 weeks) and 58.8lbs since giving birth.
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    Thisaboveall - great job meeting your goal! My next next goal is to lose 5 more lbs to be at my wedding weight! 145lbs!

tlussier - congrats on a great loss this week!
  • ThisAboveAll
    Options
    A huge congrats to you moms who have worked so hard and are almost at your goals!!! The rest of us can't wait to say that! I'm half way there, 34 pounds lost, 29 to go. 9 of the ones left are "baby pounds", the rest I had to lose before getting pregnant, so I am really relieved to almost be done with the baby weight :smile:

I hope there is some money for you to win at the end of the contest Angela!!
  • tlussier
    Options
    Thanks Angela & keep up the good work in your competition! Who cares if others give up, stay strong and win their money!!! :)

ThisAboveAll- Way to go getting sooo close to getting rid of the baby weight!!
  • amacfarland
    Options
    Hi all,
    I'm new on here, a SAHM mom of 3. I have a 6 year old daughter and a 3 year old son and a 9 month old. I finally managed to lose all baby weight of 1 & 2 when #2 was 18 months. Now I have to do it all over again and I feel exhausted most of the time trying to manage these kids. Of course #3 is not sleeping through the night. Yep, I have lots of excuses and I like to snack in the kitchen to make myself feel better. I have a few bad habits to break and plenty of weight to lose... about 30 lbs. So here's hoping I can do it with your support and encouragement. I lost about 5 lbs through I lost it at the Club but I have been really slacking (I lost that weight right at the beginning).
  • ThisAboveAll
    Options
    Hi all,
    I'm new on here, a SAHM mom of 3. I have a 6 year old daughter and a 3 year old son and a 9 month old. I finally managed to lose all baby weight of 1 & 2 when #2 was 18 months. Now I have to do it all over again and I feel exhausted most of the time trying to manage these kids. Of course #3 is not sleeping through the night. Yep, I have lots of excuses and I like to snack in the kitchen to make myself feel better. I have a few bad habits to break and plenty of weight to lose... about 30 lbs. So here's hoping I can do it with your support and encouragement. I lost about 5 lbs through I lost it at the Club but I have been really slacking (I lost that weight right at the beginning).

Welcome amacfarland!! You definitely have your hands full!!! My little one (10 mos) isn't sleeping through the night either and I'm like a zombie most of the time (and I don't have two others needing me attention too!)!! 30 pounds to lose is absolutely doable, and you've done it before so you know you can do it .. lots of us are in the same boat with needing some support to get to our goals. I have 30 more to lose as well (10 pregnancy pounds and 20 more). Last week I started Jillian Michael's 30 day Shred DVD which only takes 20 minutes plus a few addtional warm up cool down minutes .. with my husband's work schedule I just can't seem to get to the gym so I'm really happy to have found some great DVD's!!
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    I hope there is some money for you to win at the end of the contest Angela!!

There is a cash prize if I win. :-)